Wrestling Forum banner

Jake the Snake asking fans to donate for shoulder surgery

13K views 124 replies 80 participants last post by  kwab 
#1 ·
Reactions: HankHill_85 and MOX
#24 ·
i would be very wary myself of giving an ex addict my hard earned cash not to say it isnt going towards surgery but when ur flat broke and you get a huge sum of money GIVEN to you.. i could see him easily going fuck the surgery and going on a giant bender.. i hope im very wrong as he has obv came a long way with DDPs help

#25 ·
There's the kicker. If this was just some dude off the street I'd never see again then, as much as I would like to help them, I would have to decline. However all of this Jake and DDP stuff is very public so the chances of something like that, I hope, are limited.

Don't get me wrong, I would be entirely disappointed as a donator if Jake fell off the wagon but from the way he's speaking about it, the way he's working and looking, and especially because of the people that are around him I think this is legitimate. I think Dallas Page has his business head screwed on and knows what something like this could do to his DDP Yoga business (Jake falling off after being helped monetarily as well as physically and mentally,) and if he didn't believe it, he wouldn't endorse it. In doing so, and the fact he has helped many people and some of the people I look up to have in turn endorsed his product, I have almost complete faith.

If Jake has his surgery paid for by his fans and works hard to rehabilitate himself, then I think they all must know that he will never be broke again. This could be a great story and could set them both up for life, as we all know Jake Roberts has a lot to give back to the business that he has never been in a position to give.

Again, hopefully see this is 10 years as a great wrestling success story.

#28 ·
Donation by Vince McMahon...of $0

I mean I know they have rehab programs but they should have some sort of surgery budget for their retired stars, the only time they have to have surgeries sometimes is after they leave the ring. It's not like WWE provides insurance, they're treated as independent ocntractors when they shouldn't be but that's opening up a whole new can of worms, with large tax implications.

#29 ·
I don't think it's Vince's problem. Sad, but true. If this was the case then every single wrestler would expect it and it would be abused.

Wrestlers are paid handsomely whilst they're in WWE, or WWF as it were, and I feel that those in charge expect them to cover themselves with the money they earn which is fair and agreed upon before they sign the contract. It isn't like they only work for WWE in their careers and sadly in Jake/Hall and multiple others' case, it's their own well-being that has led to them needing help in this way.

I don't think the WWE is to blame and so they shouldn't shell out thousands of pounds to former wrestlers who either went on too long, or did excess stuff to their own bodies.. The fact that they pay for rehab for their former wrestlers is massively commendable, if they paid for surgery as well then they would be taking hit after hit.

It's sad, but I think the only time Vince should help wrestlers are when they work for him, which as you said opens up all sorts.

#34 ·
Do you stand outside shops and harass anyone who comes out with anything other than bread and water? Because the money you spent on that last cake you had, or that chocolate bar, or that fizzy pop drink could all have been given to cancer research or hospital equipment. But no, you stuffed it down your big gob instead.

Also, please log out and turn your computer off, as the cost of the electricity to run it could be better spent on blankets for the homeless.

#32 ·
And target completed, as to the guy above me, I can only say I've been watching his videos and he seems genuine, he wants to change his life and has been sober 70 days, you don't believe him that's cool but helping him turn his life around is also a worthy cause.

#39 ·
$100
FAN PICK

some people might see this and think there getting something special from the snake :lmao

#44 ·
It's really sad to see how broken some of these guys end up. It's good to see he might be turning his life around though and he will easily meet his goal at this rate. Hope things turn out better for him.

I might even donate some myself, at least I would've, if he hadn't killed Damien. :kobe

#58 ·
Awesome that he's already met his goal.

I don't really worry about him falling off and going back to drugs with that money solely because of DDP. I really think Vince should start considering a partnership with DDP Yoga to use as rehabilitation.

#67 · (Edited)
Good to see that Jake is trying to improve his health and life. I hope that the surgery works out for him and good for DDP for helping out Jake.

I read some place that DDP has reached out to Scott Hall and is helping him out. Hopefully it is all going well because that guy really does need some big help and WWEs rehabs weren't doing it.

#79 ·
How much was Jake Roberts paid during his prime? As much as I respect the guy, you got to wonder who should be footing this bill. Did Vince pay him enough to justify leaving him to his own devices on medical costs? Is this Jake's own fault for not saving his money? It really just seems strange that somebody could be so famous and yet have so little money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.