Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - British Wrestling Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #58 (permalink)
flag sabbath
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000flag sabbath 2501 - 3000
Default Re: British Wrestling Thread

I have zero desire to meet Dynamite. By all accounts he's an extremely difficult & unlikeable man. Mind you, I'm sure he'll plaster on a smile for an extortionate 75 a pop. Worth noting that this event is on the same day as Dragon Gate in Castlefield, which I'm seriously considering going to.

I subscribe to Power Slam. I know a lot of people hate it due to perceived negativity, but I still find Fin Martin's critical style a breath of fresh air in a sea of sycophants. I'm a firm believer in all criticism being relative (ie you can't have ***** classics without DUDs to compare them to).

I went to PCW's More Bang For Your Buck last weekend. It was a decent show, with the Bucks wrestling twice (beating Project Lucha & putting over Fight Club), although we had to settle for babyface Bucks-lite rather than their PWG greatness. Dave Mastiff's impromptu win over Noam Dar was my match of the night. T-Bone's main event PCW title win over Kris Travis was billed as a bloody bullrope match, but it wound up being bloodless. It wasn't great live - the rope kept falling off both guys' wrists, they didn't do the traditional four-corners stip, there was a botchamania-bound homemade table disaster, and they spent way too much time in the crowd, severely restricting my view.

Really looking forward to PCW's Road To Glory double-header next weekend. Tournament bracket looks like this:

Super Crazy vs El Ligero
Bubblegum vs April Davids
Dave Mastiff vs Mad Man Manson
Paul London vs Joey Hayes
Noam Dar vs Andy Wild
Kris Travis vs CJ Banks
Dean Allmark vs Martin Kirby
Brian Kendrick vs Kid Fite

I'm guessing Travis will make the final - most likely vs Bubblegum (whose interference cost him the title) or Mastiff (who deserves a run with belt after 18 months worth of consistently strong performances).