Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - British Wrestling Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #57 (permalink)
Issues_Sunshyne
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Issues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missed
Default Re: British Wrestling Thread

Reviving this thread. Sad that it comes and goes. Those in the know about the UK scene, throw a few more posts in here lads, keep us updated.

I'm into the HXC show knowing it has the afterparty and WM29 screening. Seems like a fun night to be fair.

Just read about the Dynamite Kid show, (http://www.highspots.com/Tickets/dk-experience.html) tickets have been on sale for at least a month now and hasn't sold out yet. Only 90 seats available as well. It's in a month so I suppose it will sell out but I'm really surprised it hasn't sold. It's 75 a ticket with all sorts of expensive add-ons which makes sense why it's not sold hugely, but it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet Dynamite Kid which I would have thought a lot of fans would have jumped at.

I decided not to go. I'm looking forward to the documentary though so will be buying it. I don't know why I decided not to go, 75 is nothing really and it's near to me but I just feel like I wouldn't enjoy it. I don't like the man, I respect him and think he is the greatest European wrestler of all-time, a man decades before his time and a true trendsetter but I just can't bring myself to want to meet him.

Is anybody going to it? I'll be happy if it sells out and everything goes well, and we see a few pictures on the site and facebook page of Billington smiling with fans. Looking forward to the doc, too. Who knows, if the doc is as good as I hope and it sells well, it might not be a once in a lifetime opportunity and it might put him in a better light to meet him.

Has anybody read this months FSM magazine? There's an article written by Billingtons ex-wife that's getting plaudits. Anybody read it? I would recommend everyone to read it but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Everything she said I felt like I already knew from the honesty of Dynamites book. She also referred to going to Liverpool to "Beatle street" and passed comment on the lack of care for Lennon on an anniversary of his death which I felt was out of place and incorrect.

Anybody read any UK mags like FSM?? What are your opinions on Power Slam in 2013? Know of any other UK wrestling mags to pick up, or newsletters or anything?

Any uk wrestling memories?
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote