Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #3008 (permalink)
funckygarcon
Learning to break kayfabe

funckygarcon 0 - 49
Exclamation Is a compound only workout effective enough?

first of all, my goal is to build muscle and strength. now, i've wasted about 6 months doing isolation movements and i wasn't seeing much of results except maybe in my biceps and chest, but that's it. i did a lot of research about workout types and read a debate between compound movements and isolation. Compound absolutely smoked the competition and after a long time of heavy research for a routine to do. i learned that the 6 basic compound movements are:-
-Squats
-Deadlifts
-Bench Presses
-Pull Ups
-Bent-Over Rows
-Military presses.
so i decided to split those 6 into a 2 day schedule, like A and B and alternate A and B and then A again in a 3 days fashion.
but this is where i got stuck! i couldn't split the movements and didn't know which exercises go together. so, to put it short: how do i split the basic 6 exercises into 2 days, each day 3 exercises?
my second question is: will doing these 6 only, be effective? are 3 exercises a day enough? thank you for replying
funckygarcon is offline   Reply With Quote