Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Jake the Snake asking fans to donate for shoulder surgery

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Issues_Sunshyne
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Jake the Snake asking fans to donate for shoulder surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt Kidd View Post
Donation by Vince McMahon...of $0

I mean I know they have rehab programs but they should have some sort of surgery budget for their retired stars, the only time they have to have surgeries sometimes is after they leave the ring. It's not like WWE provides insurance, they're treated as independent ocntractors when they shouldn't be but that's opening up a whole new can of worms, with large tax implications.
I don't think it's Vince's problem. Sad, but true. If this was the case then every single wrestler would expect it and it would be abused.

Wrestlers are paid handsomely whilst they're in WWE, or WWF as it were, and I feel that those in charge expect them to cover themselves with the money they earn which is fair and agreed upon before they sign the contract. It isn't like they only work for WWE in their careers and sadly in Jake/Hall and multiple others' case, it's their own well-being that has led to them needing help in this way.

I don't think the WWE is to blame and so they shouldn't shell out thousands of pounds to former wrestlers who either went on too long, or did excess stuff to their own bodies.. The fact that they pay for rehab for their former wrestlers is massively commendable, if they paid for surgery as well then they would be taking hit after hit.

It's sad, but I think the only time Vince should help wrestlers are when they work for him, which as you said opens up all sorts.
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote