Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1/24 Impact Wrestling: Hardy defends World Title against Daniels

21K views 442 replies 80 participants last post by  Obfuscation 
#1 ·

impactwrestling.com said:

Will Taz and the Aces and Eights have hell to pay after their attack during the wedding of Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan? During the wedding, Taz interrupted the ceremony - and to the shock of Bully Ray - revealed himself as a member of the gang!

No doubt, Hulk Hogan will be coming to IMPACT on mission - after what they did to his daughter, it will be all-out war against the Aces starting this Thursday! Have Taz, Devon and the rest of the Aces and Eights finally sealed their own fate after what they did? Don't miss the fallout on IMPACT!

Plus, tune in to find out what happened after the attack! Cameras were rolling after IMPACT went off the air - don't miss the exclusive footage!

In the main event of Thursday's broadcast, World Heavyweight Champion "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy defends the gold against Christopher Daniels!

In women's action, Tara will defend the Knockouts Championship against new #1 contender, Velvet Sky.

Also scheduled for Thursday's IMPACT will be X Division tag team action as X Champion Rob Van Dam and Christian York battle Kenny King and Zema Ion.

All this and more on Thursday's broadcast, plus news on the upcoming "Lockdown" epic event from San Antonio, Texas!​
Say what you will about Taz but that reveal was executed perfectly last week. I didn't read the spoilers so they've given me a bit of interest to tune in for what's next in this Aces & 8s angle. I'm still not totally into it but we'll see. I'm most looking forward to the World Heavyweight Championship match. Hardy/Daniels should be a quality TV match for sure.

See less See more
1 1
#403 ·
Well from a championship perspective he still has some more challengers out there. It's only nobody is really open except for Daniels, Storm, or Styles pending a return. I know Hardy vs Daniels is the money maker for me, but Hardy vs Styles finally duking it out on a PPV would be (Y). It's like the big match that's never happened for TNA when you really think about it.

I know they have wrestled vs each other, but nothing major and it was only on TV.

#404 ·
That's a good point actually, I can't ever recall seeing Styles vs Hardy at a major PPV. I remember that Hardy's original debut match was against Styles I don't remember any others apart from that. Could be something to go with I suppose, not sure how I feel about a Styles heel turn though which is what I'm sure will happen should they go down that path.

#405 ·
Styles as a heel is iffy for me too. The match on the other hand, now I'd really enjoy seeing that. If Styles plays a tweener then I do believe that is the best we can get with this potential program.

No way he'll be a straight up face. At least, that's my outlook on his current storyline.

#406 ·
The potential match of Hardy vs Styles could be amazing, I'd be kinda gutted we'd have to wait 'till BFG for it though. I was actually quite fond of Styles original heel turn when he won the X division title for the first time, he played the character well but he lacked the mic skills, although he's still not perfect he's improved a lot since then so maybe something similar to that gimmick would do him well as a heel.

#407 ·
Trouble is, Styles' "fight back from his Year of Hell" push will take at least 5 or 6 months to carry through if it's going to have any believable momentum behind it as he single-mindedly tears through the roster. Which thinking about it does take us to DX in July (?). So I suppose Option C might be a possibility.

But I get the feeling they're not going to take the belt off Hardy any time soon, but are they really going to keep it on him until July?

And if they do, who's next? Storm is the only one who comes to mind but another title loss wouldn't do him a lot of good. And in terms of heels, I can't think of any that are left (except Anderson or Devon and would they really subject us to that?).

If they are going to take us to July, Hardy will need one, if not two, opponents in the meantime and I can't think of anyone. I just really hope the Heavyweight belt doesn't get wrapped up in all the Aces and 8s nonsense as Hardy seeks revenge....

#411 ·
why is the emo drugie still the champion.

The jack sparrow eye thing is retarded - his appearance in general looks like it is only appealing 14 year old girls.
The creatures of the night bs is the worst name for any kind of following in the history of mankind.

someone put a bunch of weed in a bag, throw it over a cliff, and hope hardy and rvd try to catch it.

#415 ·
I think that Taz as mouthpiece is a step forward. It sure as hell beats Devon as mouthpiece. My interest in this A&8 thing is still there, but definitely not as strong as before. I hope this "higher power" pays off. I wouldn't be offended if it were Jarrett since it would make a lot of sense.

#423 ·
Were these posted here yet?
TNA Impact on Thursday, January 24 officially scored a 1.17 rating, essentially even with last week's 1.16 rating.

It's the highest rating in the new timeslot and, coincidentally, the highest rating since the same week in 2012 when the Jan. 26 episode scored a 1.17 rating.

Impact scored a 1.08 first hour rating (vs. 1.07 last week) and 1.26 second hour rating (vs. 1.25 rating last week).

The lowest quarter-hour rating was at the beginning of the show for Taz's explanation of last week's heel turn. Impact then peaked with a 1.36 rating at the top of the second hour for Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan addressing the wedding angle, with a new wave of viewers tuning in for the old first hour.

Impact then dipped one-tenth for the remainder of the show, finishing with a 1.22 rating for the TNA World Title main event of Jeff Hardy vs. Daniels.

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a 0.96 rating for Taz explaining his heel turn after a replay of the end of last week's Impact. Included was one commercial. This was a big difference from a 1.16 Q1 rating last week.

Q2: Impact bumped up to a 1.08 rating for Tara vs. Velvet Sky in a Knockouts Title match, plus pre and post-match segments and one commercial.

Q3: Impact stayed the same at a 1.08 rating for various video packages leading to Joseph Park's in-ring promo. Included were two full commercial breaks.

Q4: Impact bumped up to a 1.18 rating for Zema Ion & Kenny King vs. RVD & Christian York in X Division action, one commercial, and Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan coming to the ring to address the wedding angle last week.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact jumped to a 1.36 rating for Bully & Brooke addressing the wedding angle, Sting joining the discussion, one commercial, and video packages on Jeff Hardy.

Q6: Impact's audience jumped down one-tenth to a 1.24 rating for Bobby Roode vs. Hernandez, one commercial, and a video package on Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson.

Q7: Impact dipped to a second-hour-low 1.20 rating for Kurt Angle confronting Mr. Anderson, one commercial, an Aces & Eights video, and ring introductions for the TNA Title main event.

Q8: Impact increased slightly to a 1.22 rating for Hardy vs. Daniels in the main event, one commercial, and A&E attacking Hardy to close the show.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_68148.shtml

#431 ·
Agreed. With Hardy out (not going to be here for the Tour and possibly kayfabe injured), Storm is the next big babyface.

#434 ·
Can't disagree. At least management know Daniels isn't a ratings killa. So they've got no reason not to give him a short run. It's a shame they've scrapped KOTM, perfect match for him to win it.

#440 ·
How is Bully's character being ruined? There is probably a swerve coming up, and he has been getting 1.3s consistently while on air.

#441 ·
Possibly, Until than, going from a bully who didn't give a damn about wanyone, women and men alike to a guy playing boyfriend to the boss daughter is ruining the momentum he's built up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.