Wrestling Forum banner

How can anyone hate Ryback?

16K views 170 replies 121 participants last post by  CALΔMITY 
#1 ·
He is everything a wrestler should be. An ass kicker, a machine, the guy looks like a punisher. And those of you who say he can't wrestle make me laugh.

I am starting to think that the IWC think all jacked up guys can't wrestle and are just there for show. Thats not the case. Ryback could wrestle. Batista could wrestle. Brock Lesnar could wrestle. Goldberg could wrestle. Ultimate Warrior could wrestle. And I don't give a fuck what anyone says, wrestling is all theatre and these 5 guys gave a hell of a show when it all comes down to it. Not everyone can be a technical mastermind. Ryback has a role and he plays it perfectly.

I love Ryback.

#77 ·
I think he's an alright wrestler given a chance but id rather see henry, lesnar or reigns if I want to watch a big man match. My only problem with his booking is that he looks about the same size as reigns and less intimidating then him so why does reigns need ambrose and rollins to fight him off (the shield are entertaining and do work well together) but its just something that makes little sense that when there is two big guys going at it surely it would only take one of the other 2 to get involved to take down ryback.

#79 ·
I think most of the haters just dislike that he can't talk on the mic.

Which is an accurate critisism. I see no reason to hate on his in-ring skills, however. Those will improve. But it's harder to become a good mic worker.

#83 ·
People hate Ryback because he's a piss poor, overproduced and super fake Goldberg rip-off.

#84 ·
I don't hate it, I just can't stand a guy that have a Main Event push in his first steps when he never have worked a +3 minutes match and always have matches with stipulations to cover his deficiences. Daniel is in the top three workers of the company, he have proved during his yes/heel character and he's with a comedy face character, without a push, when he's getting the biggest pops of the WWE right now.

And I don't see Ryback like a very over guy with the crowd. The people shout "Feed Me More" like stupids, that's all. Daniel got the people with a catchaphrase too, but he's really over, thing that doesn't happen with Ryback.

#86 ·
Does Bryan look like someone who could be given Ryback's 'monster' gimmick? They needed a serious threat for Punk at HIAC which is why it was their best option to push Ryback as a dominant force. It made sense. Bringing Bryan into this argument as a reason why you hate Ryback is stupid and ignorant. Bryan already had his main event run this year, he's doing something different now, he's not the type who needs to stay in the main event all the time.

#90 ·
Albert sandbagged it. He didn't even push himself off the ground so that Ryback could lift him. If I remember correctly he did get lifted properly the previous or the next week of the botch.
As long as the Heyman botch goes, FFS that man's like 400 pounds, lol.

If people want to bring up Ryback botching, bring up LEGIT points, not SHITTY ones.

The fact that Ryback is hated is because;
>He got pushed into the main event to quickly.
>Punk wasn't THAT repetitive that people prayed for someone new.
>Punk overshadowed Ryback in every single aspect
>:vince rubs oil on him, the rest of the haters can't.

Jealousy .

#91 ·
I have no gripes with Ryback. I know why people do though. b/c he's simple and apparently doesn't have much to his game except for some explosive power moves. He's great for his machine like role and has connected with the crowd b/c of it.

I liked Goldberg back in his glory days too. So, I guess it goes hand in hand.

#93 ·
I like a face thats a believable badass and doesnt rely on cheap pops and engages the crowd without being a pandering doofus. His got a fun moveset and is over, thats where the allure for me ends though.

#94 ·
Because he's a powerhouse wrestler. The IWC usually dislikes that kinda style. While I do think there are people who deserve to be in the main event more than Ryback, I don't have a problem with him. It's cool to see a legitimate badass face that isn't concerned with making jokes.

#95 ·
At this point I'd say I'm more indifferent than anything.

I enjoyed the two TLC matches, which is a good start. He's proven that he can contribute to a good match, with the right opponent. His character is ridiculously shallow and kind of goofy at the moment, but hopefully that's something that can be tweaked. He brings a dynamic that the WWE is short on right now so I hope that he can develop into a reliable uppercard talent.

#96 ·
I like Ryback and don't even mind his catchphrase that much. Would rather watch Ryback over Cena (now), Sheamus and so forth....BUT he needs to improve his endurance. He seems tired after 5 minutes and looks robotic in his movements to boot. And his finisher sucks. He should ditch this one for a standard powerbomb.

#97 ·
I don't hate Ryback, he's just nothing special so I didn't want to talk about him in detail and I just posted the gif for the laughs, he's not a serious wrestler hence why I don't take him serious. I don't get why people are so passionately defending an average talent unless they have an extreme meathead fetish, it's not like he possesses the intensity of Warrior or Goldberg, the charisma and mic skills of Scott Steiner or Triple H, or the ring skills of Brock Lesnar, he's just a typical big wrestler, nothing more, nothing less.

I can still enjoy him a bit for the character he tries to show, but he isn't anything special, be it mic skills, ring skills or personality (in fact, he is as superficial and shallow as it gets). I lold when he wrestled Cesaro at Mainevent he didn't go out the ring to get Cesaro back into the match when he wanted to leave because the 160 lbs ref was restraining him, could anyone imagine Goldberg getting dictated by a ref?

#100 ·
If you don't like tomatoes, you don't like ketchup. If you didn't like Goldberg, you won't like Ryback. It also works the opposite way. If you love tomatoes, you'll love ketchup.

#104 ·
I love tomatoes and hate ketchup.

Your conclusion is bonkers.

Lesnar is one of my all time favourites,but I never liked Warrior or Goldberg.

#105 ·
Ah the excuses.

"He can't talk on the mic" Neither can Brock or Goldberg or IWC favs like Benoit, Shelton or currently Tyson Kidd. His character isn't supposed to talk.

"He can't wrestle" Depends what's your definition of "wrestling". Newsflash: it ain't just about putting on 4-5 star technical/high-flying classics.

"He's overpushed" So was Brock, Sheamus, ADR, Austin Aries, etc. It's not like he's won a belt yet. Plus he hasn't won a PPV match in how long? So technically he isn't overpushed.

"He gets gassed; can't work long minutes" Tell me when guys like Kane worked "long matches" besides with Taker and Benoit. Warrior, Goldberg, Batista to an extent also.

#108 ·
Ah the excuses.

"He can't talk on the mic" Neither can Brock or Goldberg or IWC favs like Benoit, Shelton or currently Tyson Kidd. His character isn't supposed to talk.
Brock didn't need to talk because he had everything else (and Heyman), Goldberg had immense charisma, Benoit was the best wrestler in the world. People wouldn't be nearly as hard on Ryback's promo ability if he was exceptionally talented in another area. And if his character isn't supposed to talk, why are they giving him the mic?

"He can't wrestle" Depends what's your definition of "wrestling". Newsflash: it ain't just about putting on 4-5 star technical/high-flying classics.
That doesn't mean that he can wrestle. He's not awful, but yeah, he's not that good.

"He's overpushed" So was Brock, Sheamus, ADR, Austin Aries, etc. It's not like he's won a belt yet. Plus he hasn't won a PPV match in how long? So technically he isn't overpushed.
He isn't overpushed because he hasn't won a belt? He was given an unbeaten streak and then put right into a PPV main-event for the WWE Championship within six months.

"He gets gassed; can't work long minutes" Tell me when guys like Kane worked "long matches" besides with Taker and Benoit. Warrior, Goldberg, Batista to an extent also.
What does Kane have to do with Ryback gassing? Because Big Men don't always work long matches? Alright...

#106 ·
I think he is over pushed. I thought he should have been slowly built up and don't think he is ready for the main event yet. I think he is alright but is getting better as time goes on. His mic skills are fucking awful though.

#107 ·
Because everyones on the hate Ryback bandwagon cause he is popular among the crowd and god forbid anyone get over on WWE tv or else the forum bitches a fit about him. People have been using the "he's roided and jakked and getting a push so he fucking sucks compared to our savior (insert vanilla midget indy wrestler)" for years and years! Goldberg, Brock, hell I remember back when it was being said about HHH, Batista, Cena. Any guy with muscle mass. Gotta let it run its course until a few brave souls as yourself speak up for him then all of a sudden he's a GAWD ;) Funny watching people who hated Del Rio all year all of a sudden cum for him and Ricardo. That's forums for ya.

#111 ·
I think that people either hate or just don't like Ryback too much because of all this comparing with Goldberg.He's not Goldberg,and he's not ever gonna be.

If you see Ryback without trying to compare him with someone,then you can have a crystal clear opinion.Personaly i don't hate him but i don't like him either.

#112 ·
I actually find Ryback's matches entertaining sometimes, and while I think there was some sloppy booking involved, the event desperately needed someone new and he fills this role well. That being said, the guy's moveset isn't far off from someone like Khali in my opinion, big guy that just does clotheslines, that thing where he bangs your head on the mat, and the Shell Shock - you'd expect something cooler from a dude so big.

Also, the fact that they are thrusting this dude into the main event while also protecting his sloppy in ring work and his inability to wrestle a 10 minute match, well it feels wrong lol. Add the Goldberg stuff to him, and there you go. Goldberg pretty much played that character as best as you possibly can, hate it or love it, Ryback is really re-hashing it.

I'll be the first to admit that this guy is put under a microscrope by the IWC, he probably doesn't care as he continues to get a monster push and he is starting to get over (although smarks still give him the Goldberg chants lol).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.