Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#6,700 ·
Re: "MONTA ELLIS HAVE IT ALL!"

Irving has been a little too injury-prone for my tastes his first two seasons. It's smart to shut him down if he's hurt, but it's not a good sign if an athletic point guard is going to get hurt several times a season and potentially not play when the team needs him. :rose1

#6,705 ·

I don't believe the Nuggets are as bad as their road record might indicate. They just started the season off with a ridiculous amount of road games which probably had them tired and fatigued in each game as most long road trips do.

Irving has been a little too injury-prone for my tastes his first two seasons. It's smart to shut him down if he's hurt, but it's not a good sign if an athletic point guard is going to get hurt several times a season and potentially not play when the team needs him. :rose1
The only difference is that one is a true shooter while the other relies far more on his athletic ability. Kyrie would be fine if he lost some of his athletic touch, the same can't be said for Rose until he develops a shot.

#6,701 ·

Derrick Rose has been cleared to return, he's expected to make his season debut either tonight or Sunday against LA per rotoworld.

:mark: :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark:

Edit: Ok wait, ESPN is saying that Rose has been cleared to play but won't return until he can confidently dunk off his left foot.

#6,702 ·

STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP NOTORIOUS! :(

So he is allowed to play, but won't? Come on Derrick. Part of rehab is playing in games. That's your next step. Play in games. So play in some damn games before the playoffs.

#6,706 · (Edited)

The Bulls only have like 20 games left, he doesn't have that much time.

At this point he can either play the final 20 or so games and rehab or just sit out the season. And at the direction he's going, the latter is more likely.

#6,710 ·

he NBA and National Basketball Players Association are close to an agreement to test the blood of players for human growth hormone, according to sources.

Testing for HGH could begin as soon as the 13-14 NBA season.

NBA players are currently subject to six urine tests a year, two of which occur in the offseason.

Staff attorney Ron Klempner is directing the union on an interim basis. Sources insist HGH testing can proceed regardless, and the union can and will implement HGH tests before resolving its leadership issues.

David Stern expressed optimism at the All-Star Game that HGH testing would soon be agreed upon.
Goodnight Wade...

#6,721 ·

Gibson, Noah, Deng, Hamilton, and Hinrich among others have all been dinged up and hurt this season. Some of them have put off surgery this season for the good of the team. Some of them are playing near 40 minutes a night to help the team win. No one is 100%. Rose needs to come back.

#6,724 ·

What you've been preaching isn't really correct.

All you've said was a bunch of bullshit about Rose being the next T-Mac which still to this day isn't true. T-Mac is a guy who got injured every year, had no work ethic and couldn't lead his team past the 1st round.

This was Rose's first serious injury and he's hesitant on coming back due to him not wanting to get re-injured and him wanting to return playing at the same level as before the injury.

#6,727 ·

I don't fully believe anything. I'm just aware that recovering from an injury is both physical and mental. Just because Rose may be physically ready, doesn't mean he's mentally ready.

Labeling himself as this generation's T-Mac is still stupid regardless.

#6,731 ·

...recovering from an injury is both physical and mental. Just because Rose may be physically ready, doesn't mean he's mentally ready.
If that's the case, then he is just a giant pussy and not someone I'd want as the leader of my team. A leader of a team should be mentally tough and have a killer instinct. What he shouldn't be is scared to take the court after the injury has healed.

I am not ready to crucify him just yet though. Before all this happened, I liked Derrick Rose. It could be that this is the media blowing things out of proportion. It could be that he will be back on the court in the next week or two and playing like a true leader should be. If he does, then this is just all talk and will be forgotten. But if he continues to sit out when he could be helping his team...

It's still early March and he's been cleared to play. What happens next will go a long ways towards people's opinion about him.

#6,730 ·

Quick, switch the title of the thread to "T-Mac > Rose. Bulls = Scorned" So I can flip out over a joke title and start posting one-sided facts while ignoring the rest. :side:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.