Wrestling Forum banner

Daniel Bryan is the best.

12K views 176 replies 73 participants last post by  Natsuke 
#1 ·
I don't understand how anyone could argue this.

Most of the hate surrounding Bryan comes in response to his ginormous IWC fanbse, which is funny to me. Theres a reason the internet love him so much and its because hes #DatDamnGood.

The guy turns everything to gold. Even the shit WWE throw at him. I can't wait till he ditches this cartoon persona and returns to the Daniel Bryan of NXT. The aggressive straight man ass kicking Michael Cole hating SOB!!!

WWE have money in their hands. Everybody loves Daniel.

#89 ·
I don't love him...his current character is so obnoxious and unlikable that he generates massive go away heat from me. I don't care how solid a worker he is in the ring, chanting YES and NO is not a character. His promos aren't good and have IMO never been that good. This entire Team Hell No thing peaked with Kane's recollection of his wrestling history, and after that it completely went downhill. This bringing back of Dr. Shelby is such an obvious attempt to inject life back into a team that is way past its expiration date. Its dead, leave it alone. And his one positive attribute, which is his wrestling skills, have been dumbed down and handicapped so much that he has to repeat the same boring moves over and over and over.

Nothing he's done has been "gold" as you put it. This Team Hell No thing has been one of the worst and most off putting parts of the product for the past several months, if you ask me, and its all because of how incredibly irritating Bryan is. And now they have Kane doing the YES/NO shit too. Its juvenile, like a kid saying a stupid word over and over to the point where you just want to punch them.

#91 ·
Ah good ol' Bossy expressing his dislike for Bryan as usual. WF needs him and Nostalgia to keep us Bryan fans in check :lmao

#155 ·
In your head maybe.

#121 ·
Daniel Bryan is the greatest wrestler of all time. He has more charisma then The Rock, more toughness then Austin, more ring presence then The Undertaker, more innovation then Michaels. He can carry anyone. when he held the world title it was above the WWE title. The guy puts bums in seats and viewers tune in. Daniel "Ratings" Bryan is the best.

:bryan

#128 ·
What the hell is entertaining about Sandow? The thing is that he seems fresh because he's new but I've seen his gimmick before. It belonged to the Macho Man's brother aka the Genius and it was MUCH more memorable than this. Sandow has a long way to go...doesn't have stand out matches and his one stand out promo was with the Rock. He's nowhere near Bryan's level or especially Bryan's heel run where he just outperformed everyone every fucking week on that mic with ease.

#144 ·
The reason Daniel Bryan is so popular is because he "gets it", and he showed that in 2012 on a repeated basis. You don't need mic skills to connect with an audience, so his speaking abilities or lack thereof are irrelevant because he gets to the end point, and very effectively so.

I don't particularly understand the hate for his current position, he's been a key part in reviving the tag team division and at this point the longer he stays here the more over he gets. My prediction is they disband him from Hell No in the post-Wrestlemania period, and it's only upwards from there for him.

#146 ·
The first part also applies to Santino if we're going by that logic. He was massively over at one point and has a strong conection with the audience. Being popular as a midcard act (essentially what the WHC is) doesn't neccesserily always translate to the main event and it certainly doesn't make you "the best".

Revived the tag team division, honestly? HHH pushing the division made it relevant (not that it really is) while Bryan and Kane's comedy act completely overshadows the tag titles.

#169 ·
:confused: Why even compare him to Angle? If he's truly great, then he generates his own standing and doesn't need to be compared to anyone else to validate his greatness.

Regardless of who D-Bry is in terms of skill, comparing him to Angle is not actually applicable at this point. When his character grows up and he's allowed to be an adult wrestler again, then maybe he can be on that road. Contrasting them makes more sense at this point.

#3 ·
I have to agree. His believability is off the chart.

One of a handful of superstars that I believe are held back in a big way by the current product. Limited in what they can acheive. The proverbial glass ceiling if you will.

I can't wait for Bryans next singles endeavours. (Y)

#42 ·
The era of childish comic relief and smaller guys cuz of less steroid use? I'd say Bryan arrived at just the right time. Imagine if Kurt Angle arrived ten yrs later. He'd be on top today.

#16 ·
Nope, Bryan is not the best.

Cena- Lol hell no
Punk- Punk has hm beat on the mic hands down, but Bryan wins in the ring skills department
Sheamus- Please, Sheamus has nothing on Bryan besides size.
Orton- Bryan is better in mic skills and ring skills, all Orton has over Bryan is look. Can't hate Orton's ring skills though.
Ziggler. Ziggler can bump better...that's it.

All those guys are better.
Bryan is the best in the ring, but not when it come to overall complete package. His mic skills have improved vastly but are not the best when it comes to Punk and Sandow. It is safe to say that Bryan is one of the best on the current roster, but not THE best.

Reactions: Loudness
#8 ·
For the most part, I've heard most of the hate coming from that fact that people consider him to be a "Benoit reincarnation".

Anyway, I do have to agree that Bryan is good, best, I don't know, too early for me to honestly say, he has the potential to be great, I've liked his ring-work since he signed in, I've enjoyed his promos with Kane. He has a good future ahead of him, one way or the other.

I am thankful for him bringing back the "technical" aspect of wrestling, that WWE seemed to be missing for a while (more than likely because of the Benoit incident), it's nice to see, and I enjoy having him around.

#11 ·
Punk'S the best, but Bryan is pretty close. He's indeed loved by kids, casuals, as well as hardcore fans. They should not return to his NXT character, but they should at least ditch the over the top cartoon comedy part of his current gimmick, and start booking him as the major star he is. I can't wait to see him once again showcasing his off-the-chart in-ring skills as a serious main event star.

#32 · (Edited)
Wrestling, sure. At everything else, not even close. He's the best wrestler in the world in terms of in-ring talent, but he's pretty mediocre to bad at everything else. Presence, mic skills, charisma. That is why he's in the spot he's in right now, made out to be a joke.

Edit: :lmao "More over than Cena and Punk."

#33 ·
He's the best in the ring, no doubt about it.

He's good in other departments, but there are others better than him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.