Wrestling Forum banner

How can anyone hate Ryback?

16K views 170 replies 121 participants last post by  CALΔMITY 
#1 ·
He is everything a wrestler should be. An ass kicker, a machine, the guy looks like a punisher. And those of you who say he can't wrestle make me laugh.

I am starting to think that the IWC think all jacked up guys can't wrestle and are just there for show. Thats not the case. Ryback could wrestle. Batista could wrestle. Brock Lesnar could wrestle. Goldberg could wrestle. Ultimate Warrior could wrestle. And I don't give a fuck what anyone says, wrestling is all theatre and these 5 guys gave a hell of a show when it all comes down to it. Not everyone can be a technical mastermind. Ryback has a role and he plays it perfectly.

I love Ryback.

#48 ·
I agree (Y). Anyone who says he's boring is just going by the typical annoying IWC stereotype ''OMG HE'S SO BORING CAUSE HE'S ROIDED UP, ONLY SKINNY TECHNICAL INDY WRESTLERS ARE ENTERTAINING''

Just shut up already, cause obviously he is entertaining which is why he is so over and also i find his promos/matches enjoyable because of his unique style, a style that IWC is biased against.

#50 · (Edited)
I agree (Y). Anyone who says he's boring is just going by the typical annoying IWC stereotype ''OMG HE'S SO BORING CAUSE HE'S ROIDED UP, ONLY SKINNY TECHNICAL INDY WRESTLERS ARE ENTERTAINING''

Just shut up already, cause obviously he is entertaining which is why he is so over and also i find his promos/matches enjoyable because of his unique style, a style that IWC is biased against.
Generalizing?
Then you will always be wrong

Is it impossible that someone finds him boring for actual reasons?
No thats right, just like the people who put him down because they don't like him, you put them down because you do?
Hypocritical crap as usual.

#54 ·
So Ryback is basically the Caucasian Ice Train? Works for me.

#52 ·
Until their favorite is pushed.

Than they move onto their next favorite "is being held down" guy.

#56 ·
rybacks good but its pretty obvious that hes just a present day goldberg knockoff.I think WWE needs to get more creative with their personalities I still like his style though since I like goldberg

Reactions: Arya Dark
#58 ·
The food puns alone are enough for me to not like the guy.

But, to his credit, he has now embraced the Godlberg thing to the extent that he's now even mimicking the Goldberg facial expressions so I'll give him a wink and a nod for that.

#64 ·
He can't wrestle more than a shitty 5 minutes match without taking a nap.
He can't talk for shit.
He botched his finisher. TWICE.
He has the power of a 100lbs man.
His facial expressions make me burst in tears of laugh.
I can't take him seriously even as a lowcarder after I've seen his Tough Enough shit. He's a *******.
He is one of the ugliest pro wrestlers I've ever seen.
He is a douchebag outside the ring.
The only reason he has a job it's because he feeds himself steroids and Vince can masturbate on his muscles.
He is overpushed over more talented guys including Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Tyson Kidd, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Ted DiBiase and the list can go FUCKING ON.

Reactions: trevs909
#75 ·
1. Ryback/Punk HIAC, Ryback/Punk/Cena, 6 man TLC match, and Ryback/Punk TLC were all matches that were longer then 5 minutes, and all of them have been decent to good.

2. A lot of people think he is actually pretty decent on the mic.

3. So what if he botched his finisher twice? I have seen some of the best wrestlers in the world botch their finisher from time to time.

4. He has the power of a 100 pound man. Show me a 100 pound man that can lift 300 pound men on his shoulders.

5. He is one of the ugliest pro wrestlers you have ever seen? So what? Do you jerk off to sexy male wrestlers?

6. How do you know he is a douchebag outside of the ring? DO you personally know him? Have you met him? The answer is fuck now.

7. How do you know he is on steroids? I am not saying he is clean, but there is no proof that he is on roids, other then OMG he has big muscles. Just because you are some skinny kid doesnt mean that anyone bigger then you is on roids.

8. He is overpushed over more talented guy you say? So fucking what? He is not the first wrestler to be pushed above better workers.

#65 ·
I'm sick of the "IWC always hates on big guys" garbage. Everyone loves Lesnar, everyone loves Goldberg, everyone loves Barrett, heel Batista was very popular, etc.

Ryback is an incredibly limited, one-dimensional wrestler who I can't imagine being in a compelling feud with anybody. He has very few moves, can't cut a promo worth a damn, gasses out in even regular-length matches, does the exact same thing every time (and before you say all main event wrestlers are repetitive, well, he can't even get through an entire match without repeating himself), and his strength doesn't live up to the hype, especially when you compare him to the feats of a guy who's been pushed alongside him, Cesaro.

He got over, but people get behind crap all the time, doesn't mean I have to like it, and that doesn't mean I "instinctively hate what's popular" crap either.

#66 · (Edited)
There's something you need to understand about pro wrestling. Its such a simple answer to say Ryback looks the part, but the problem is online wrestling fans are called "smarks" for a reason: they're supposed to be smart. What good is following wrestling news if you're just going to have the same opinion that a casual fan comes to? So, a smark's opinion on Ryback has to be more nuanced then just "Yeah, that was entertaining. Listen to the crowd enjoying this. I guess he's doing his job." Nono, the answer has to be more complicated.

So, you have to pinpoint everything conceivably wrong with the wrestler. Steroids, substandard mic skills, not Bill Goldberg. Anything whatsoever to keep the guy from being a main eventer. If Ryback's a main eventer, then smarks are just as intelligent as any other wrestling fan. No, we have to purposely come up with 50 reasons to bash Ryback that also apply to 90 percent of the roster, but we're going to apply it to Ryback specifically. Looks ugly, stole RVD's tights, can't wrestle, needed his opponent to make him look good, Vince just gets a hardon for him, w/e. Sure, the Rock put on 50 lbs in his mid 30's, but that's just special effects, not steroids. And if a guy's mic skills are bad now, that means they'll be "low to uppermidcard at best for life." Ignore the fans, they don't know what entertains them. The marks do. Oh, and don't forget, Daniel Bryan deserves an Oscar for being preachy about veganism for three months. You know, before he became popular. Now that he has a popular catchphrase, he sucks. Last but not least, he used to play a different gimmick that wasn't that great. The cardinal rule of pro wrestling is that if one gimmick stinks, you have to stick with it or quit. NEVER FORGET FLEX KAVANA!

See? Its not so simple because its supposed to not be so simple. So join with me everyone. Let's find everything wrong with pro wrestling and throw it at Ryback. If anyone not from the AE wins a world title, it'll mean wrestling as we know it is doomed.

In all seriousness though, he does need to improve his mic skills, and his acting a bit too. In other words, he just started playing the gimmick. Give him time. His popularity, combined with the fact that he's improving in every area, merits giving him a spotlight. His promos today are sooo much better than just 3 months ago. Lesnar couldn't talk, Goldberg couldn't talk, nobody could right off the bat, not even the Rock and he was a phenom when it comes to mic skills (historically great mic skills by 25). Lol 90 percent of the roster can't talk at all, and that's not an exaggeration, give Ryback a chance.

#69 ·
You're not interested in discussing it in detail because the gif clearly shows its Tensai's fault. Wrestling is fake. You're supposed to help your opponent pick you up in virtually every wrestling move. Ryback can't live Tensai's entire body, much less get his legs on his shoulders. Tensai's an asshole, just like Hardcore Holly was an asshole when he wouldn't do a basic situp to help Brock set up a powerbomb. Brock isn't supposed to get you to sit on your shoulders; its fake. Have you ever seen a delayed suplex, or even a normal suplex? You think that's one guy doing the work?

#73 ·
I quite like Ryback, as you said, he can wrestle well, I love the way he does the Thez Press and he does have a good look for a wrestler, plus Monday's promo worked much better for me then before, it was more of a two way conversation with the audience when before hand it felt like he was giving a pre-prepared speech.

But I can understand the reason, he does symbolize A LOT that people don't like about wrestling, he's being given all the opportunities, i.e the good build up, easy catch phrase to get him over, strong and cool booking to get the crowds to like him. If people like Tyson Kidd has been booked that way from the start good chance they'd be over as well. However he did get the good stuff likely because of the look he was born with.

Also there's the stuff I'm not sure about, some say he's a sloppy and dangerous worker and that he can't work long matches without taking rest breaks, I don't know, it's a case of wait and see (another point, pushed a lot very early offended some) but as we all know much of the IWC doesn't take much time before casting its final verdict.

#74 · (Edited)
I don't hate Ryback. I hate the fact that he is probably going to get shoved down our throats for the next couple of years. And I hate the fact that he was thrown into a program for the WWE Championship when he wasn't (and still isn't) even close to ready, after spending the year just destroying jobbers and now we're even in a situation where Ryback winning the Royal Rumble is actually possible. Stuff like that just reeks of a desperate "PLEASE like Ryback. PLEASE. We want him to be the future" and I hate that. I despise when WWE tries to force anything because they can't accept when it fails. They will not stop pushing Ryback.

#76 · (Edited)
I used to like him but he is getting stale imo

squashing jobbers is just boring week after week and he needs to go after the WHC as he won't be touching the proper RAW title

as someone said in another thread he needs a really good run in the Rumble on Sunday where he impressivley eliminates a couple of big names and stays in for a while

EDIT - Plus he is terrible on the mic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.