Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Daniel Bryan is the best.

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #148 (permalink)
Combat Analyst
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority

Combat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
I agree with the poster who said everybody has different tastes. How much greater is Sir Lawrenece Olivier as Richard III than Marlon Brando's performance as Don Vito Corleone? Is DeNiro that much better than Pacino?

I've been watching wrestling since 1987 and I'm in my mid-30s now. To me, there will probably never be anybody better in the ring than Chris Benoit, although Eddie Guerrero's matches are way more entertaining for me as I continue to age. Other than those two, Kurt Angle in his absolute prime was unbelievable. And people with different tastes will disagree with me.

It's not fair to Daniel Bryan to say that he's already far better than Angle, a guy who is arguably THE greatest shoot wrestler of all time in addition to being one of the greatest professional wrestlers that ever lived. And I'm a huge Daniel Bryan fan. I believe he has "it" and that the audience in whole generally loves him.

If Daniel Bryan eventually turns into some version of Bryan Danielson (a.k.a., ECW Taz meets Chris Benoit), he'll be a foundational piece for years to come. I'm convinced that time will come after Hell No runs its course. I don't think he'll ever be a Cena in terms of being the face of the company, but he can absolutely be an Edge in that aspect.

I generally believe professional wrestlers in the WWE hit their absolute primes between the ages of 35 and 42 years old. I am convinced that Daniel Bryan in his absolute prime will be almost universally hailed as the best wrestler in the world and as one of the all-time greats. But he's nowhere near his absolute prime as of right now.
Daniel Bryan does need to go back to Bryan Danielson (Chris Benoit).

Black Is Beautiful

Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote