Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #60 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

Oh man I'd let that completely slip my mind. Just adds to the wonderful continuity from past elements of the show. I think people just focus on the crime and violence aspect and forget the show was always relaying any problems Tony had with the mob to how it affected his homelife and his relationship with his true family. Carmella and the kids and how Tony's lifestyle impacted on them was always something the show centred on and seeing them have a final meal together with Tony mentally unhinging to the viewer whilst remaining largely ordinary to Carmella and AJ...it was just such superb writing and reflected that the show was always more smart and subtle than mere bloody violence.

A final bloody fight with a crime family might have been a satisfying end for the fans who revelled in the bloody violence the show dared to demonstrate, but the Soprano family being the centrepiece for the final scene just got across the soul and underlying message the show had always been focusing on developing and communicating to the viewer.
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote