Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The credibility of the TNA Titles
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Lariatoh!
Working on my abs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Re: The credibility of the TNA Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevereveragainu View Post
to be fair ROH used to do this too, on less important shows that end up on a dvd anyway or if there is no imminent angle involving the world title anybody on the roster who hasn't challenged the world champion yet get to have a go at the belt one on one, that's how Austin Aries first won it

there ya go
Aries wrestled Low Ki for the #1 contenders spot. It was a time limit draw. Aries wanted 5 more minutes, Ki didn't so Aries went on to face Joe. So I think your memory is a bit hazy on that one chief.

On topic, due to Punk's reign and the Rock wanting the belt, e prestige in the WWE belt has grown in e last few months. During the Roode/Aries feud and the start of the Aries title run, plus the BFG series the TNA belt was put over huge as well. Storylines like these really make the belts look so important, and is what has been missing in wrestling over the last five years, it's great to see it coming back. I won't get into the Hardy situation, but after beating both Aries and Roode he is a strong super champion ( too bad he doesn't show the passion that the other guys do - I'm thinking mainly because he is one of the worst mic workers in the history of the business when it comes to main eventers)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome