Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #5210 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Great write up MF83. I've watched the 1/4/99, 10/11/99 and 4/7/00 matches and enjoyed all of them (the 1/4/99 more for the surreal imagery and atmosphere of Hashimoto being mauled than actual quality). Hashimoto excels at the destructive violence and managing to channel his charisma and aura/presence into magnifying his matches and giving them this energetic and frenzied atmosphere: so sticking him with Ogawa who had the credentials to believably overwhelm Hashimoto and build to all of his desperation counters and comebacks was a truly magical chemistry. I remember actually being genuinly bothered at the finishes to 10/11/99 and 4/7/00, not so much in terms of how it ended from a quality standpoint, but more because I was so genuinly heartbroken that we didn't get the ending we truly deserved on the back of Hashimoto's beautiful and heroic performances against the merciless and frightful Ogawa.
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote