Wrestling Forum banner

Connor O'Brien....

4K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Takyon Death Yon 
#1 ·
With Ascension obviously being no more I think it was a good move on the part of the WWE to keep the gimmick, and have O'Brien go singles with it. Does anyone else think he should debut in the Royal Rumble? He has ring presence, and while he may never main event I think this is a character that is ready for the WWE. I wouldn't mind O'Brien, and Kane feud. Granted Kane is in a tag team with Bryan. However, I have a feeling Kane may be done with Team Hell No after Rumble. I feel like Team Hell No has run it's course. O'Brien vs Kane anyone?

#3 ·
I know nobody remembers the whole rat gimmick he had on NXT but it would of been nice to see a name change.

I was actually hoping he'd get a new tag partner but it doesn't looks as if it's going to happen. He doesn't need to be on the main roster as it is as they've gotta worry about getting the current crop over first.

#9 ·
No you usually wait until after WM time before debuting anyone so they can get proper time, with everything leading up to WM they may not care about you while they're dealing with Cena/Rock, Taker's streak, Punk/whomever, etc.

And we should see how he does as a singles act first before moving him up because they may be just biding time until they can think of something else for him to do.

#10 ·
Just give Connor a name change(It will hurt his career if it doesn't get changed just like it would have hurt Kanes career if he had kept the name Dr. Isaac Yankem, D.D.S.) and a new partner with the Ascension gimmick also.

#13 ·
O'Brian can and will take over from Taker when he's gone IMO.

It's a shame that Cameron messed it all up as a tag team, but i honestly don't think it will hold O'Brian back. And who knows...Somewhere down the line, if O'Brian is established as a singles guy, he could bring in a tag team to support him and become a new ministry or Brood under 'The Ascension' name. Looking forward to O'Brian taking the strap from Big E

#21 ·
Talking about his name. Do you guys think being billed purely as 'The Ascension' would work. A bit of a throwback name much like The Undertaker considering The Undertaker isnt a 'name' so to speak.

#22 ·
I see no point in conor o'Brian now that Cameron is gone I thought Cameron was the better of the two

#23 ·
I call BS on him being the next taker. I think Judas Devlin (Austin Draven) would be better suited. Personally, I think Devlin should have had a spot with The Shield rather than Roman Reigns...who is awful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.