Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Daniel Bryan is the best.

View Single Post

Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #109 (permalink)
Mister Hands
Inappropriately tinkly music.

Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
I personally don't get how you guys don't want to take a power drill to your ears when Bryan starts screeching YES and NO. Its so unbelievably annoying. How can people identify that as "awesome" or "comedic genius"? There's no substance behind it. Maybe I'll go to wrestling school, get hired and my character can chant "THE". It makes about as much sense as YES/NO, and apparently all you have to do to be considered good on the stick these days is shout something random and stupid. Oh and make jokes comparing yourself to a domesticated farm animal. Maybe I'll call myself a rooster and make a bunch of cock jokes.

On second thought, there are people who would say Dane Cook is funny (4 words that should under no circumstances be in succession), so I guess some find the promo equivalent of dangling your shiny keys in front of a toddler 'entertaining'.
"YES!" was a great character beat for Bryan when he started. It mightn't have had much substance in and of itself, but combined with his progression from underdog face to deluded heel, it made perfect sense. Like most things in WWE, it's been decontextualised and stretched beyond comfort, but I still enjoy hearing the fans pop for it, especially given how it was basically used as a "fuck you" by the post-WM crowd.

And. Y'know. It's fun.

Mister Hands is offline   Reply With Quote