Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#15,203 ·
Tomorrow I'll start to watch the feud between Punk and Morrison. Was it any good, I can't really remember it? Also was Punk/JBL from 2008 good?

#15,205 ·
Well I have seen his match with Morrison from ECW on his DVD, and that one was great

#15,207 ·
WWF Smackdown – 01.20.00
X-Pac vs. Test- ¼*
Kurt Angle and British Bulldog vs. Steve Blackman and Al Snow- ¼*
Matt Hardy vs. D-Von Dudley- ½*
Chris Jericho, Chyna, and Hardcore Holly vs. Too Cool and Rikishi- ½*
Big Bossman vs. Prince Albert- DUD
Crash Holly vs. Viscera- ¼*
Edge vs. Gangrel- DUD
The Rock vs. Kane vs. Big Show- *

This show was just terrible lol. This was just a filler show, as the real go-home show was the Raw three days before this show. Even then, not one much surpassed one star and it took until the main event for a match to even earn a full star. That final promo with Triple H and presumably Cactus Jack might have been good, but my show cut off right at the beginning of Triple H's promo so I didn't get a chance to watch it. After this we're onto the Royal Rumble and of course, the HHH/Cactus street fight!

#15,209 ·
Royal Rumble 2000:
Tazz/Angle: **3/4
Hardys/Dudleys: ***3/4
Jericho/Chyna/Holly: **1/2
NAO/Acolytes: *3/4
HHH/Foley: *****
RR Match: ***3/4

Permission to say it's the GOAT Royal Rumble PPV? "Mindblowing" is the perfect word for HHH/Foley.

#15,210 ·
Miz deserves a lot of credit as well in the Bryan match, arguably his best performance in a match. I found Bryan to be the better performer due to his strong selling and tremendous build and pacing of his offence to create some genuine nearfalls which had the crowd believing either could win, but Miz really made the control segment and limbork engaging on top of being logical and wrestled a smart match to compliment Bryan's strong babyface work on the other end. I'd happily say Bryan is the better guy and have good reason he called/mapped out the bulk of the match but Miz really wasn't carried by Bryan and produced a pretty remarkable performance given what I thought of his work before the match.

#15,213 ·
2001 is a bit overrated imo, as some people believe it's perfect. Ivory/Chyna was fucking awful. Still, no denying everything else is very damn good, with both the Ladder Match and the RR going ****1/2 in my books.

But overall 2000 left me a better impression.

#15,215 ·
But I do.

Ivory/Chyna is the only bad thing about it but I swear I'd rather watch a Khali/Hornswoggle match instead. It's that bad IMO.

At least they did better at WM 17.

#15,216 ·
Some MIZ matches that are actually good would include his match with Bryan @ NOC 2010, his FCA match with Morrison to kick off 2011 was awesome, and I enjoyed his two matches against Jerry Lawler to a lesser degree than the former two matches I mentioned.

The best match MIZ was ever involved in however, would be the TLC triple threat with Del Rio and PUNK, even though the awesomeness of that match has nothing to do with MIZ in the slightest. It's the only MIZ match that I currently have at four stars, even though the best MIZ match where he actually CONTRIBUTES SOMETHING would be the Bryan match.

DANIEL FUCKING BRYAN.

#15,217 ·
Speaking of Daniel Bryan Danielson, what do you think it's his best performance in his WWE career?

I would say ER 2012 vs Sheamus.

#15,219 ·
The match with Punk at OTL was surely better than the ER match, but that was already to be expected. Both guys deserve huge praise, but not my favourite Bryan performance. In the ER match, Sheamus worked a lot, credit where's due, but Bryan quite helped by making him look like a million bucks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.