Wrestling Forum banner

Who else liked that Vickie screwed Dolph?

4K views 58 replies 42 participants last post by  Agmaster 
#1 ·
Seriously, it is following a storyline which is 2 years in the making! Dolph abandons Vickie, Vickie looks for vengeance.

Classic heel actions and better for it being heel vs heel, rather than the predictable face vs heel.

#2 ·
Re: Am I the only one who liked that Vickie screwed Dolph?

Yes.

It only adds to the lack of logic in the world of WWE. Beat the Clock challenges so the winner can select to be #1 or #2 in the Royal Rumble. Real genius writing there. It's pretty bland & bad. No different than what happened to Miz for last year's Rumble.

#6 ·

Yes.

It only adds to the lack of logic in the world of WWE. Beat the Clock challenges so the winner can select to be #1 or #2 in the Royal Rumble. Real genius writing there. It's pretty bland & bad. No different than what happened to Miz for last year's Rumble.
umm...it was A heel manager Vickie Guerrero's idea, and the whole point was to screw over Dolph, so it makes sense. I don't know what you're on about.

And to the OP, i agree, they can continue like this because it's been 3 years now, and their break up hasn't even created a decent storyline. Ziggler should eventually turn face and then have the storyline where Vickie tries everything to take the title from him, it would make Smackdown interesting.

#3 ·

Looking at it storyline-wise, it's definitely something that I could see Vickie doing, and that is the mark that this story was done well, it didn't falter.

Immediately as soon as Dolph walked in, you could see Vickie's reaction and you knew something would happen, flaunting AJ didn't help. I thought it was nicely done.

Most will hate the idea of Ziggler having to start at the beginning, but I know a lot are also looking forward to a possible "#1 Entree Winner".

#5 ·

I can't understand why everyone seems to keep going on about the "lack of logic" in Vickie saying that the Beat the Clock Challenge was for the first or second spot. It seems pretty obvious to me that Vickie only did that because it was Ziggler that won. I think if it had been anyone else, they probably really would have had their pick of the whole field, but because Ziggler won and Vickie really wanted to stick it to him, she called an audible and screwed him over.

In the end, it just doesn't seem to me that the entire Beat the Clock challenge was a waste for everyone, including Orton, Cesaro, Miz, Sheamus and Barrett, but rather just a waste for Ziggler. Seems kind of backwards since he's supposed to be the heel, but perhaps he perseveres and makes it all the way to the end, anyway.

#58 · (Edited)

It seems like the complaints from page 1 have spread this far despite the fact that there's really no merit to them. Here's some posts from page 1 that sums it up quite well. It wasn't a matter of making it a waste of time for everyone. Vickie just decided at the last minute to stick it to Dolph (not for cheating, but merely BECAUSE he won). It shouldn't take 6 pages to realize this.

I can't understand why everyone seems to keep going on about the "lack of logic" in Vickie saying that the Beat the Clock Challenge was for the first or second spot. It seems pretty obvious to me that Vickie only did that because it was Ziggler that won. I think if it had been anyone else, they probably really would have had their pick of the whole field, but because Ziggler won and Vickie really wanted to stick it to him, she called an audible and screwed him over.

In the end, it just doesn't seem to me that the entire Beat the Clock challenge was a waste for everyone, including Orton, Cesaro, Miz, Sheamus and Barrett, but rather just a waste for Ziggler. Seems kind of backwards since he's supposed to be the heel, but perhaps he perseveres and makes it all the way to the end, anyway.
umm...it was A heel manager Vickie Guerrero's idea, and the whole point was to screw over Dolph, so it makes sense. I don't know what you're on about.

And to the OP, i agree, they can continue like this because it's been 3 years now, and their break up hasn't even created a decent storyline. Ziggler should eventually turn face and then have the storyline where Vickie tries everything to take the title from him, it would make Smackdown interesting.

#8 ·

I'm just glad they're not together anymore, and Ziggler was never going to win the Rumble anyway so I don't mind Vickie screwing him and making him start first now. And starting first will likely be better for him if he survives a long time and eliminates a few people, just like Miz and Cody last year. The Miz and Cody had great showings in the Rumble last year, they were the true workhorses of the match, and I hope Ziggler gets that position in this years Rumble.

#10 ·

No because it made the 3hr build up over it useless. Nobody would have tried so hard for such a pathetic "prize". Besides making the heel the underdog is nonsensical, heels are looking for cheap advantages. Why WWE insists on stacking the deck against the heel is beyond me.

Its shaping up to be a decent run in the rumble for Dolph but he will lose, might be in the final four but he's gonna lose.

#11 ·

No because it made the 3hr build up over it useless. Nobody would have tried so hard for such a pathetic "prize". Besides making the heel the underdog is nonsensical, heels are looking for cheap advantages. Why WWE insists on stacking the deck against the heel is beyond me.

Its shaping up to be a decent run in the rumble for Dolph but he will lose, might be in the final four but he's gonna lose.
Might be useless now, but just wait, I'll bet that Cena takes the opposite spot to Ziggler's. More than likely that's what there going for with this. Have Cena and Ziggler start the Royal Rumble, and they both last until the end.

#13 ·

^ jeez people, the participants didn't know about Vickie's 'smart' rule, and she probably made that change just for Dolph and to screw him over. So yeah it makes sense for them to fight over it.

Also ffs, it's not the end of the world if for once the heel has the decks against him. It's been there forever. Sometimes heels need to be the underdogs too. Ziggler will probably have a more impressive showing as the first guy in the Rumble, and the crowd will enjoy it cause for once he will get what he deserves after cheating for so long (the casuals anyway).

#16 ·

^ jeez people, the participants didn't know about Vickie's 'smart' rule, and she probably made that change just for Dolph and to screw him over. So yeah it makes sense for them to fight over it.

Also ffs, it's not the end of the world if for once the heel has the decks against him. It's been there forever. Sometimes heels need to be the underdogs too. Ziggler will probably have a more impressive showing as the first guy in the Rumble, and the crowd will enjoy it cause for once he will get what he deserves after cheating for so long (the casuals anyway).

Ziggler had to put HIS MITB on the line at TLC. Ziggler had to lose multiple times to Cena on RAW (including a Cage Match) and now Ziggler has to start the Rumble while Cena pops in later.

Where in this has he had an advantage? This isn't making it equal, its giving Cena another advantage.

#17 ·

i'm kinda liking it, money in the bank winner, sole survivor, beat the clock challenge winner and now he's going to steal the show during the rumble (i can see him in the final four)

having him from the start gives me someone to cheer for right from the beginning, but really ziggler is in too many underdog babyface situation lately he won't get any heat in this way, at this point just turn him already

#18 ·

i'm kinda liking it, money in the bank winner, sole survivor, beat the clock challenge winner and now he's going to steal the show during the rumble (i can see him in the final four)

having him from the start gives me someone to cheer for right from the beginning, but really ziggler is in too many underdog babyface situation lately he won't get any heat in this way, at this point just turn him already
Could be the kind of build up there going for really, obviously AJ isnt going to stay by his side forever, she will turn on him at some point in time, because that's just how AJ is.

So maybe, possibly, it's a build up to that, get him to the point where he would be considered an underdog, he already is anyway, then have AJ turn on him at some point, just to seal the deal, then turn him.

Issue that I see with it, is Rio of course, but face vs. face can be iffy, possible turn after he wins the title and ends the feud with Rio.

But who knows, I'm just spit-balling here.

#22 ·

Having Vickie screw him like that just gives him sympathy, when he's supposed to be getting heat. The fact of the matter is, the AJ heel turn really screwed a few things up, and the only reason they did it was because the fans were losing interest in her fast (which is understandable, considering her being the GM on raw was stupid in the first place).

#23 ·

Ziggler's got his fingers in a lot of different pies right now (lewd pun not entirely intended).

The guy's involved with John Cena, Sheamus, The Miz, and is part of a love triangle storyline with the two most over Divas in the WWE. He's also the Money In The Bank contract winner, which means he's automatically involved in every World Heavyweight Championship storyline, which – right now – includes The Big Show and Alberto Del Rio. Oh, and he's been going clean over A-list names like Randy Orton and is being built into a genuine champion.

As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a better time to be a Ziggler fan.

#24 ·

Ziggler's got his fingers in a lot of different pies right now (lewd pun not entirely intended).

The guy's involved with John Cena, Sheamus, The Miz, and is part of a love triangle storyline with the two most over Divas in the WWE. He's also the Money In The Bank contract winner, which means he's automatically involved in every World Heavyweight Championship storyline, which – right now – includes The Big Show and Alberto Del Rio. Oh, and he's been going clean over A-list names like Randy Orton and is being built into a genuine champion.

As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a better time to be a Ziggler fan.
i must have missed something..

#27 ·

Vince got kayfabe fired for "questionable decisions". Laurinaitis got fired. AJ got fired for allegations of having "mixed personal and professional matter. But Vickie can just change the rules of a competition because she doesn't like the winner and nobody cares?! BS!

Plus it should be faces who get screwed by heel authority figures, not heels getting screwed.

#30 ·

Dolph will be a crowd favorite anyway as the rumble is in Phoenix which is his hometown; so i just get the feeling theyre feeding off the fact that he will get a reaction anyway, or they will do the opposite and get him out cheaply at the start

#32 ·

Nope you are not the only one.
People need to stop complaining about it... but we all know fans mostly love anyone who's heel so everyone will get mad. If it was John Cena who got screwed like that, I bet we would hear no complaints.

#33 ·

Nope you are not the only one.
People need to stop complaining about it... but we all know fans mostly love anyone who's heel so everyone will get mad. If it was John Cena who got screwed like that, I bet we would hear no complaints.
well it's not that weird, if i can't stand a guy i don't mind him being screwed, if i'm a fan being angry about it it's part of being a fan

at the end of the day many smarks are just normal fans who follow not only the keyfabe life of the character but even the backstage life of the perform, the reactions are pretty much the same really, if our hero get screwed we bitch about it

#34 ·

The booking was simultaneously logical and foolish, if that makes sense.

Logical in that the two characters have history and Vickie possessed a valid motivation for screwing Dolph over, and probably would not have done the same to someone like Sheamus.

Foolish in that it makes no sense, from a storytelling standpoint, to stack the deck against the antagonists, which WWE does frequently for no apparent reason.

#35 ·

Dolph was never going to win the Rumble. I do however think this was done because Dolph is a top performer with a lot of stamina, I think he will last about 45 minutes in the match and get eliminated in the last 10 minutes of the match with possibly being one of the last 6-8 entrants. They know Dolph always performs. Kayfaybe wise it makes sense for Vicky to screw Dolph.

#37 · (Edited)

I liked it, because as a fan of Dolph Ziggler, him coming in at number one means he's going to have a very good, very long showing. He's not winning the thing, forget it, so him coming it at 30 would've meant he'd have a quick showing and wouldn't get to impress much.

I'm expecting Ziggler, Cesaro & Ryback to be the stars of the Rumble, with Ziggler and Cesaro getting the role The Miz & Cody Rhodes had last year.

#38 ·

People hating on the fact that the winner gets the first or second spot...use your heads.OBVIOUSLY if someone else had won Vickie would of granted them any number,but because it was Dolph and he cheated to win,she screwed him over and changed the "reward",it makes sense.

#39 ·

I like it for the fact that Ziggler will now probably go an hour+ in the Rumble match. He won't win, but he will be showcased, and if he can eliminate Cena, he gets back some of the mojo he's lost this month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.