Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #9471 (permalink)
Sephiroth
ĦOle! ĦOle! ĦOle!

Sephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
Any 3DS games I should pick up besides the following?:
NSMB2
Fire Emblem: Awakening (when it comes out)
Super Mario 3D land
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Sonic Generations
Mario Tennis Open
MGS Snake Eater 3D
OoT 3D

And out of those games, are there any I shouldn't pick up? Thanks.

Oh, and speaking of the 3DS..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-north-america

I'd skip MGS if you've already played it or own it for PS2 or on the HD Collections. Its an inferior version of a great game that you can buy for PS3/360 at probably a better price.

I'd skip Sonic Generations too. Or at least wait for it to be a lot cheaper. Its $10-$15 for the console version when the 3DS version is still $25-$30.

I'd also wait on Mario Tennis Open. Its a fine game, but not worth the price it is at right now.

As for games that you should consider that you didn't list:
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Star Fox 64 3D (get if you loved the original, just a straight remake)
  • Cave Story 3D
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Tales of the Abyss 3D (only if you love RPGs and haven't played the original)
  • Adventure Time (only if you're a fan of the show and loved the gameplay in Zelda 2...its $20 at Best Buy right now)
  • Pushmo (this should be the first game you download from the e-shop)
  • SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked (only if you like strategy RPGs and haven't played the original)
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (if you love FF games or love rhythm games...might want to watch some gameplay vids first)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (I'm not a fan, but if you like KH games...)
As for upcoming games:
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan
  • Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon
  • SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadows - Mirror of Fate
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Pokemon X/Y
  • Project X Zone (its great we're getting this game and I'll probably pick it up...but it didn't sell well nor review well in Japan...where it would be expected to be a lot more popular than over here)
Also, do you already have the 3DS? If not, Best Buy has $20 off any 3DS XL or normal 3DS. So you could maybe buy the pre-installed Mario Kart 7 3DS XL bundle for $180. Saves you $60 overall. Even if they don't have that deal on the bundles, saving $20 means you can buy another game.