Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rap
Thread: Rap
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Shady
Section.80 Baby

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Rap

Let me try this... Let me explain what a lot of members do when a Rap thread is made.

Lets say a rock thread is made. I go into it and claim I hate Rock music and put bands like The Ramones in the same category of rock as Linkin Park. A lot of rock fans will call me stupid and tell me how much different they are. Right? I know theres many different styles of rock, so thats why I dont go into these threads just to say sh*t. Like SIG does.

Well same for Hip Hop. A lot of you categorize rappers such as Nelly and lil jon in the same genre as NaS and Rakim. Theres Hip Hop, and then theres Hip Pop. Hip Pop is the commercial bullsh*t you hear and see on MTV a lot. Rappers who don't say much in there songs, but have good beats. Then theres Hip Hop, rappers who have something to say, and dont bother with making 'club hits' and rather reach out to there fans. So go right ahead you can hate Rap music, it really is your loss. Its just getting old, cause nobody has a good reason why rap sucks.

NaS - Rakim - Run DMC - 2Pac - Jay-Z - Eminem - Talib Kweli - KRS-One etc is Hip Hop.

Lil Jon - Nelly - Lately 50 Cent - Fat Joe etc is Hip Pop.

Last edited by Shady; 09-25-2005 at 11:29 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome