#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#2,144 ·
Re: Wow, the WWE really missed a big opportunity with CM Punk vs Undertaker......

I've said they should of kept the belt on Punk since the Rumble. It was a major league awful decision. Let taker win it, drop it, go to the Bahamas, and let the summer be filled with a major tournament for the belt. From there, do whatever you want. Rock/Cena II was apparently decided a year ago, cause Cena wants his win back. That predetermined outcome fucked a good angle for Wrestlemania. A lot of us could of booked WM better this year than WWE has. It's a joke.

Punk should have won, cut a promo eventually how Vince has noone left that Punk hasn't beat. Says "there isn't a man alive that I cannot beat" and Vince stands there. Ok big shot, you think you're god? You think you'e immortal? You want to be immortal? You're right there isn't a man alive that hs beat you, so why don't you fight a dead person, why don't you fight THE DEADMAN1"

Lights go out *GONG*

I had it worked out in my head, Punk tries to claim that respect he wanted and prove he's god by ending the streak. It would of been epic and a great run for Punk. Now he's just the next streak victim more than he would of been with the belt.

But The Rock had to become the champion....

:HHH2

#73 ·
Re: How can you make a Taker Mania match unpredictable?

Undertaker's matches at WrestleMania aren't just about being unpredictable but also taking the audience on a roller coaster ride of emotions wrapped in picture perfect storytelling and drama. I think Taker can deliver those elements once again next year in a match with either John Cena, Brock Lesnar or The Rock.

#84 · (Edited)

I was thinking.. instead of having the focus mainly on The Undertaker, make the focus mainly on his opponent for that year. IE: Cena.

Similar to the Vs. Streak part of RTWM in Smackdown vs Raw 2011, have Cena doubt if he can actually beat The Undertaker after the opponents that The Undertaker has destroyed over the years. Have him face The Undertakers previous 10 or so Wrestlemania opponents week in, week out.

Week one: Have Ric Flair make a surprise appearence and take on Cena, only to have Cena win.

Week two: Have him take on The Big Show and Lord Tensai in a handicap match, Cena wins. Only just though.

Week three: Have him take on Kane. Cena wins.

Week four: He takes on Randy Orton. He wins and begins to feel elated, like he can definitely beat 'Taker.

Week five: He takes on Mark Henry, but gets too full of himself and gets his ass beaten.

Week six: He's back to "shit, can I do this?" kind of mode. Hopefully by this time, Batista is back and has been for quite awhile. He takes on Batista and loses.

Week seven: He's slowly begininning to doubt himself even more. "I can't do this. I need to back out." Since Edge is actually full on retired due to injury, he's forced to take on HBK who only agreed to do take on Cena because he's still somewhat mad about 'Taker ending his career. He beats HBK in a short match, and HBK agree's to help Cena learn what it might take to beat The Undertaker.

Week eight, the second RAW before 'Mania: He takes on Triple H. He wins in a strong battle, only to have The Undertaker come out and tombstone him.

Week nine: Cena says that the attack was uncalled for and says that he's "definitely prepared to beat Undertaker." he claims he knows all about what it takes to beat the Undertaker. The lights go out and Cena takes yet another tombstone. The Undertaker then cuts a promo over Cena's unconscious carcus. He talks about how "20 men have tried to end the streak. 20 have failed. There's no chance in hell that I'll have someone that has never battled the dark forces before even come close. You better bring your A game Cena, you're gonna need it if you intend to get anywhere near victory."

At Wrestlemania it's an even playing field. Who knows who will win?

#86 ·

I was thinking.. instead of having the focus mainly on The Undertaker, make the focus mainly on his opponent for that year. IE: Cena.

Similar to the Vs. Streak part of RTWM in Smackdown vs Raw 2011, have Cena doubt if he can actually beat The Undertaker after the opponents that The Undertaker has destroyed over the years. Have him face The Undertakers previous 10 or so Wrestlemania opponents week in, week out.

Week one: Have Ric Flair make a surprise appearence and take on Cena, only to have Cena win.

Week two: Have him take on The Big Show and Lord Tensai in a handicap match, Cena wins. Only just though.

Week three: Have him take on Kane. Cena wins.

Week four: He takes on Randy Orton. He wins and begins to feel elated, like he can definitely beat 'Taker.

Week five: He takes on Mark Henry, but gets too full of himself and gets his ass beaten.

Week six: He's back to "shit, can I do this?" kind of mode. Hopefully by this time, Batista is back and has been for quite awhile. He takes on Batista and loses.

Week seven: He's slowly begininning to doubt himself even more. "I can't do this. I need to back out." Since Edge is actually full on retired due to injury, he's forced to take on HBK who only agreed to do take on Cena because he's still somewhat mad about 'Taker ending his career. He beats HBK in a short match, and HBK agree's to help Cena learn what it might take to beat The Undertaker.

Week eight, the second RAW before 'Mania: He takes on Triple H. He wins in a strong battle, only to have The Undertaker come out and tombstone him.

Week nine: Cena says that the attack was uncalled for and says that he's "definitely prepared to beat Undertaker." he claims he knows all about what it takes to beat the Undertaker. The lights go out and Cena takes yet another tombstone. The Undertaker then cuts a promo over Cena's unconscious carcus. He talks about how "20 men have tried to end the streak. 20 have failed. There's no chance in hell that I'll have someone that has never battled the dark forces before even come close. You better bring your A game Cena, you're gonna need it if you intend to get anywhere near victory."

At Wrestlemania it's an even playing field. Who knows who will win?
That's a pretty bad idea.

#113 ·
Re: Whats your perfect idea for future Taker feuds/matches/appearances, OR retirement

WM 29 - Daniel Bryan gets revenge on Taker for retiring the guy that trained him, and challenges the streak. DB goes over after hitting the sweet chin music and pinning Taker.
Your posts always make me laugh. Most of Bryan marks toned down already and are actually reasonable yet you still praise him like a God and want him to go over everybody, even wrestlers who are miles better than he could ever be (not in terms of just wrestling ability but overall).

Back to topic, Undertaker definitely should face Cena before he retires. But his last WM match should be against Sting. Those two need to face off before one of 'em retires.

#212 ·
Re: Report: Current plans for The Undertaker's opponent at WrestleMania 29.

Knowing that Taker Brock will happen if I'm booking the championship I'd have Rock win the belt at the Rumble and then defend the championship in a Fatal 4 Way against Cena (2 of 4Punk, Orton, Sheamus or Bryan). SD title could go to the 2 left out.
The only TWO people that is booking the WWE title at WM 29 is the Rock and Vince McMahon. I guarantee it...there is NO FUCKING WAY the Rock is gonna waste one of his last matches in some WWE PG era booking clusterfuck Fourway bullshit. It will be one on one in front of nearly 80k....

Now someone said "Taker never beat Lesnar". That's the angle there gonna use for Rock/Brock..even though the Rock has beat Lesnar twice, it wasn't on PPV. It's just a BIGGER match than Taker/Lesnar.

Reactions: Rock316AE
#284 ·

Here's what should have happened:

Lesnar should have beaten Cena at Extreme Rules. He should have gotten everything he demanded and basically take over RAW for the next year leading to WrestleMania. The show should have been renamed RAW Starring Brock Lesnar. He should have gotten McMahon's private jet and come in and out whenever he wanted (which would explain his long absences instead of doing this whole "I Quit" angle). In between you have a couple of people... Triple H definitely the first one try and defend the WWE and take back control from Lesnar. Lesnar comes in after being called out repeatedly from Extreme Rules all the way to around SummerSlam. Lesnar finally shows up and accepts Triple H's challenge. Then you have Lesnar destroy Triple H and leave again. He can appear every now and then to still show he's in charge. In fact maybe they could have gotten more dates out of him by doing pre-taped promos to air on other shows. He could be back at his farm in Minnesota and on the phone making requests and telling Laurinitis what to do.

Then around the build to WrestleMania you have the fans give up hope that Lesnar will be stopped until Undertaker makes his return. Have an entire show dedicated to Lesnar and call it a Lesnar appreciation night with a huge celebration all built around Lesnar with him making a speech at the end. He says he'd love to compete at WrestleMania but there's no one that can go with him. Then you have the lights go off and Undertaker's theme song starts. The fans erupt. Undertaker walks down to the ramp and looks at Lesnar and then looks at the WrestleMania sign as the show goes off the air.

For the next several weeks you have Lesnar try and dodge the challenge. He says he's not doing it but have Undertaker play mind games with him until Lesnar has no choice but to accept. Then you have Undertaker beat him at WrestleMania.

It would be more than just the streak on the line it would be Undertaker being the only one able to defend the WWE against Lesnar.

But it's too late. They'd have to go and make Lesnar an absolute beast again for this match to have any feeling of importance. They blew it by having Lesnar lose.

#285 ·

Here's what should have happened:

Lesnar should have beaten Cena at Extreme Rules. He should have gotten everything he demanded and basically take over RAW for the next year leading to WrestleMania. The show should have been renamed RAW Starring Brock Lesnar. He should have gotten McMahon's private jet and come in and out whenever he wanted (which would explain his long absences instead of doing this whole "I Quit" angle). In between you have a couple of people... Triple H definitely the first one try and defend the WWE and take back control from Lesnar. Lesnar comes in after being called out repeatedly from Extreme Rules all the way to around SummerSlam. Lesnar finally shows up and accepts Triple H's challenge. Then you have Lesnar destroy Triple H and leave again. He can appear every now and then to still show he's in charge. In fact maybe they could have gotten more dates out of him by doing pre-taped promos to air on other shows. He could be back at his farm in Minnesota and on the phone making requests and telling Laurinitis what to do.

Then around the build to WrestleMania you have the fans give up hope that Lesnar will be stopped until Undertaker makes his return. Have an entire show dedicated to Lesnar and call it a Lesnar appreciation night with a huge celebration all built around Lesnar with him making a speech at the end. He says he'd love to compete at WrestleMania but there's no one that can go with him. Then you have the lights go off and Undertaker's theme song starts. The fans erupt. Undertaker walks down to the ramp and looks at Lesnar and then looks at the WrestleMania sign as the show goes off the air.

For the next several weeks you have Lesnar try and dodge the challenge. He says he's not doing it but have Undertaker play mind games with him until Lesnar has no choice but to accept. Then you have Undertaker beat him at WrestleMania.

It would be more than just the streak on the line it would be Undertaker being the only one able to defend the WWE against Lesnar.

But it's too late. They'd have to go and make Lesnar an absolute beast again for this match to have any feeling of importance. They blew it by having Lesnar lose.
Well just like every other bad decision made in WWE blame the guy who will be in charge until his death Vince McMahon. I wanted to see something like this happen but like I said WWE had other plans that Vince does not care if we like or not.

#289 ·
My random ass thinking:

Summerslam:
Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H - Brock wins
Survivor Series:
Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton - Brock wins
Royal Rumble:
Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk(c) - Brock new champion
Elimination Chamber:
Brock Lesnar(c) vs. The Rock - Rock new champion
Cena wins no.1 contender chamber
WrestleMania:
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker - Undertaker wins
The Rock(c) vs. John Cena - Cena wins, HEEL TURN

Lesnar leaves, Rock leaves, Undertaker takes a year break before final match vs Cena. Normality restored :D:

#307 ·
Cena will not end the streak. Your wrong if thats what you think.. Cena couldnt even beat Rocky cause they were Scared The Fans Would Riot. Thats a known fact. You think they'd have Cena lose to the Rock clean and then have him END THE STREAK? Not happenin. What the hell are they gonna have Cena do, AA Taker about 20 times? His finisher is pretty lame and if thats what ended Takers streak, itd be the biggest most monumental screwup and fuck up that WWE has ever done, period. Fuck John Cena. I hope you guys dont get your hopes up cause as stupid as WWE is, I doubt they are THAT stupid.

#309 ·
Cena lost to The Rock this year in order to have something to do next year. He is the only legit threat to the streak at this point and you'd want a monumental moment like Taker's first loss at a milestone mania. Bringing in Lesnar and Rock keeps the WWE from doing this match prematurely. Nobody would riot over a scripted fight unless they have serious mental health issues.

#562 ·
Maybe it's just me, but I've never understood the fascination with an Undertaker vs. Sting match happening at WrestleMania. Don't get me wrong. Sting is great, it would be kind of cool to see the two of them in a feud and I'm sure the match would be at least good, but what about it makes it so big that it MUST happen? Even more, what makes it a better option than Undertaker vs. Lesnar? Why bother bringing Sting in for one match, when Lesnar is already contracted? With a contract that is likely going to wrap up at or around WrestleMania? Plus, I just see Taker/Lesnar as the bigger match.

If it happened, I wouldn't be disappointed. I guess I just don't see the big deal.

#596 ·
Proc is right. Nobody in his right mind can buy Taker beating Brock. Of course, Brock can't end the sreak. So the best for all parties would be to not let this match at happen at Mania. Let Brock fight and beat Taker on any other PPV and let Brock wrestle Rock at Mania.

#598 ·
Proc is right. Nobody in his right mind can buy Taker beating Brock. Of course, Brock can't end the sreak. So the best for all parties would be to not let this match at happen at Mania. Let Brock fight and beat Taker on any other PPV and let Brock wrestle Rock at Mania.
By that mindset, Taker shouldn't have been able to defeat Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Kevin Nash, Sid, Kane, Mark Henry, Big Show, A-Train, and Batista either, but he did anyway.

#774 ·
If Taker can't wrestle a big match at WM I think they should have Taker vs Miz. Have the Miz surprisingly elimante Taker at the Rumble, then on the following weeks have him cut promos about how awesome he is for having Taker eliminated from the Rumble...leading to a 5-10 min match at WM29.

The feud against Kane prior WMXX was awesome and ended in a 7min match...and it was ok. I guess they can do something similar with the Miz. I think it would work really good.

BTW I got tired of having the last 3 years Taker sharing his streak celebration/momentum with other guys. At 26 it was HBK retirement, at 27 he looked as if he had lost and at 28 he shared it with HHH/HBK.

It would be nice to have him celebrate the 21-0 in a cool way. A 100'% Taker moment.

#846 · (Edited)
Pretty much that for biggest buyrates. Rock/Lesnar would bring in the mainstream audience/old fans/MMA stuff and Taker/Cena would reel in those on the fence/be the currents fans' big reason to order the PPV (if Rock/Lesnar isn't enough for them).

That being said, if Taker wrestles Cena at WM29, what does he do for WM30? Unless Lesnar beats Rock at WM29, as well as everyone else in his path leading into WM30, Taker/Lesnar would lose a lot of appeal imo. If Lesnar loses at WM29 against Rock (or HHH), I'd rather see Taker/Rock, and maybe even Taker/Punk with the scenario I suggested.

Or would WM29 be it and nothing for the future beyond that?

Reactions: Clique
#935 ·
The day CM Punk calls the Undertaker 'Mark' on live TV is the day I officially give up on wrestling lol. Dwayne is bad, 'Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque' was worse. 'Mark' would just be horrific tbh.

I seem to be in the minority now on the whole Punk/Taker thing but I don't care. I don't want to see the match, I don't think Punk is credible enough no matter how hard they push him between now and then and I'd much rather have Brock/Taker. Besides, I still call BS on these 'reports.' Remember when Taker was supposed to face Kozlov? Remember when he was supposed to face JBL? Remember when he was supposed to face ZOMG ITS STING!! Remember when he was supposed to face Ted DiBiase? Remember when he was supposed to face Wade Barrett? Remember when he was supposed to face Kane? Yeah. Look how that turned out for him. Just last month they were telling us Ryback was the front runner. The dirt sheets are just starting to second guess themselves and are putting out all the options so that when one of them happens they can say we told you so.

#937 ·
The day CM Punk calls the Undertaker 'Mark' on live TV is the day I officially give up on wrestling lol. Dwayne is bad, 'Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque' was worse. 'Mark' would just be horrific tbh.

I seem to be in the minority now on the whole Punk/Taker thing but I don't care. I don't want to see the match, I don't think Punk is credible enough no matter how hard they push him between now and then and I'd much rather have Brock/Taker. Besides, I still call BS on these 'reports.' Remember when Taker was supposed to face Kozlov? Remember when he was supposed to face JBL? Remember when he was supposed to face ZOMG ITS STING!! Remember when he was supposed to face Ted DiBiase? Remember when he was supposed to face Wade Barrett? Remember when he was supposed to face Kane? Yeah. Look how that turned out for him. Just last month they were telling us Ryback was the front runner. The dirt sheets are just starting to second guess themselves and are putting out all the options so that when one of them happens they can say we told you so.
And what will that accomplish long term? fuck all. WWE need to make the modern stars relevant to the masses, and a way to do that is to put them in big matches with big opponents at big events. Whats the point in bringing back old stars if you just have them wrestle other old stars who don't appear on T.v? there would be no progression, no moving forward, and when Lesnar and Taker leave it will leave the product cold and stagnant afterwards because all the promotion would of been on them educating the audience that the wrestlers on the current roster aren't important and don't matter.

Should Punk go over Taker? no, fuck no. But the simple fact of him wrestling Taker at Mania will do a hell of a lot for him just like it did Orton, Batista, Edge etc

#995 ·
Reactions: SUPER HANS
#1,010 ·
The Undertaker reached out to WWE in the past week and told them that he wants to compete at WrestleMania 29 and is currently in training for his return. He reportedly pitched an opponent to WWE and it's not Triple H or Ryback.

(Source: PWInsider.com)
I agree with this gif response.

#1,038 ·
Re: Was anyone ever considered (Even briefly) to break Takers streak?

If anyone it should've been Orton. He was young enough to send us into a new era with the loss and also he was The Legend Killer, killer of a legend's streak would go quite well with that.

#1,039 ·
Re: Was anyone ever considered (Even briefly) to break Takers streak?

I have heard on several different occasions The Undertaker wasn't supposed to win vs King Kong Bundy, and it was King Kong Bundy that was against Taker not winning. Bundy literally kept the streak alive by willingly jobbing to The Undertaker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.