Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Could WWE not have picked somebody more less terrible than Ryan Reeves for Ryback?
View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Boss P
Working on my abs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Could WWE not have picked somebody more less terrible than Ryan Reeves for Ryback

Ryan Reeves isn't a bad talent at all. The character is simplistic, which means the smarks are less likely to buy it due to being ahead of a certain curve, but he's played the role just fine. The OP doesn't hate the wrestler, he hates the character, but Reeves has played the character well, so the line gets blurred.

On an objective level, he's done everything well enough to avoid criticism apart from his botching of finishers. I read through the threads and I hear people attack his recent promos, but did he perform the promos badly? Was he not convincing? Did he stumble over his words? Did he struggle to find things to say? No. So why is he bad on the mic? Because he doesn't have the witty banter of Sandow...witty banter that was likely scripted for him? These are characters. Sandow is scripted as witty so thats how we see him. Everybody has a role to play. All we can ask of these guys is to play it right. I'm no Ryback fan but that's clearly what he has done. He deserves his spot, smart ass fans be damned.

"I'd like to die like my father died... My father died fucking. My father was 57 when he died. The woman was 18. My father came and went at the same time." - Richard Pryor

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome