Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Egyptian could spend 5 years in prison for his atheistic views + Petition

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
therock11
Humbled

therock11 has DAT HEATtherock11 has DAT HEATtherock11 has DAT HEATtherock11 has DAT HEATtherock11 has DAT HEAT
Default Re: Egyptian could spend 5 years in prison for his atheistic views + Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillePunk View Post
I'm curious if the citizens in these countries generally support these blasphemy laws. Anyone who's lived over there have any insight?
Depends on country and even within countries region ,generally speaking cities with better education and infrasructure are more broad minded compared to smaller backward areas.Ofcourse we can never generalize 100% but you find more people with similar attitudes depending on where you go. I am not from Egypt but am from another Islamic country where i am from there are wild fluctuations in opinions from region to region.As to answer you question you'l find both, people who support and those who are against it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
damn, for a second i was hoping it was you gandhi

anyways as far as im concerned, in kuwait, i keep my mouth shut. bad enough they deport people for yawning
Even in Germany and many other Eurpean countries you can go to jail for opening your mouth,in Europe if you say 5,999,999 people died in the holocaust instead of accepted 6,000,000 figure you are prosecuted.That is just as fucked up as Blasphemy laws in some islamic countries.

Last edited by therock11 : 01-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.
therock11 is offline   Reply With Quote