Wrestling Forum banner

WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

326K views 3K replies 375 participants last post by  Jendo 
#1 · (Edited)
WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Planning and excitement thread for atendees! 7 days away!

Alright everyone -

The day after WM27 last year, we started this thread in reference to the just-passed WM28. So, let's do it all again and start our road to WM29 right now! Money allowing, I'd freaking love to head to NYC next year. Who's going?!?!

#2,778 ·
#2,787 ·
I'll be bringing a football and other items to keep 4 people occupied for an extended period of time in a parking lot/garage. I will be attempting the Wrestlemania challenge. Last year at No Way Out from the Izod Center I decided that I would attempt to complete a pass from the top of the parking garage to the bottom with my friend.

Traffic will be pretty terrible going out for sure. I'm going to Raw the next night so I'm not driving all the way back to Philly. We have a hotel about 30 trafficless minutes from Metlife.

#2,790 ·
It'll be fine, weather forecasts suggests the temperature will go up quite a bit.

Also, I've been to hundreds of Chelsea football matches, most of which were in weather at the same temperature or colder than it is in NYC now. You just don't notice it and sometimes, yes, they do actually have heaters which seems a bit crazy.

#2,792 ·
What's the deal with Axxess?? Less than 20 days away Mania and there's been no schedule released. Do we assume that as this is the first time it's in an actual arena that all of the non VIP superstars will be there for all events?? I expect that's not what will happen but still kind of shoddy for WWE to not tell us what's going on.

#2,801 ·
Haha, I was ripping the card for a while as well, saying its all rematches, its too predictable and they haven't given us enough build up. But the fact is, all of the matches currently on the card (a near full card of 7) have had a good build now and we have some awesome matches to look forward to.

The only thing that makes me a little sad is that Extreme Rules could once again overshadow Mania: it looks like we may get Kane vs Bryan, Rock vs Cena vs Punk, orton vs sheamus (if he turns heel at Mania) and to be honest, all 3 of those matches should be at Mania this year

#2,804 ·
I had no idea there was a jericho vip until 5 minutes ago. Anyone want to trade for a shawn michaels vip?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using VerticalSports.Com App

#2,805 ·
Hello, I'm new here, first time going to a Wrestlemania, first time going to an Axxess. Been a fan for over 30 years but just was never able to make it out to the grandest stage of them all all these years.

Anyways, I'm getting a lot of great info and tips on what to expect for Axxess so thank you to everyone who has been contributing thus far. So I'm trying to plan out what I want to do at Axxess and I wanted to get some suggestions and opinions. As of right now, I have no idea who will be appearing at which sessions, as I have read that different superstars appear at each session. I already purchased 2 sets of 2 Axxess tickets for myself and my good buddy, 2 for Saturday morning @8 and afternoon @1. We were unable to get VIP tickets due to that whole ticketmaster.com fiasco. So I had several options to consider:

1) My buddy and I wanted to meet at least one top superstar so we were considering selling our tickets (since those days have been said to be really packed) and purchasing a CM Punk VIP session on Thursday night. That way, we can meet a top guy (who's the cheapest out of the group aside from Flair and the newly added guys, I've already met Flair several times in my hay day) and still get to see the exhibits and possibly meet some other people present at the time.

2) Sell one of the ticket sets, most likely the afternoon one since that one is already sold out and thus will be packed, plus if we have to exit the premises after the first session, we'll probably end up near the back of the afternoon session and will be waiting on long lines for meet-n-greets. Use the money to go to WrestleCON a few miles away and meet some former top stars such as Lita, RVD, Kurt Angle, Molly Holly, etc.

3) Sell one of the ticket sets and attend the Hall of Fame as this year's class seems to be the best overall.

That's how I would probably rank what I want to do. Do you guys think we're better off doing that or should we stick to our back-to-back sessions? All suggestions and options are welcomed, and thank you in advance!

Also, anyone have spare CM Punk VIP tickets as well?

#2,810 ·
Im flying out tomorrow morning from Melbourne, Australia. Heading to LA, VEGAS, ARIZONA, DALLAS, DETROIT, AND NY/NJ ... Solo trip as well so bring it on!!

More importantly anyone going to the TNA house show? Sting, Hogan ,Hardy and Angle all confirmed.. Anyone wanna share a cab from manhattan?

#2,817 ·
You can even pay $225 to meet both Bret & Shawn at an event in NY around that time, which is cheaper.
Shhh. Don't tell people that. Just kidding, not sure if I want to sell my ticket anyway. Thinking about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.