Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Could WWE not have picked somebody more less terrible than Ryan Reeves for Ryback?

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Smif-N-Wessun
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Smif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friends
Default Re: Could WWE not have picked somebody more less terrible than Ryan Reeves for Ryback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hardy Hater View Post
-Unable to work a good match at all unless Punk is in there
-Unable to work for 5 minutes without getting winded
-Unable to perform his finisher consistently without botching (Heyman, Tensai)
-Unable to cut even a below average promo
-Unbearably ugly (Literally one of the ugliest people I have ever seen)
-From every non-kayfabe interview he's done, he comes off as a massively cocky douche bag.
-Lacks any sort of charisma or ability to connect to the crowd without his chant
-Clearly a steroid user

I legitimately don't mind the idea of pushing somebody straight from their debut, it creates long-term stars, but this guy who plays Ryback is horrible at EVERYTHING except for being big and muscular. He has literally no other attractive quality. Why did they not pick somebody better for this push? Are there no other guys in development, or in free agency that could do as well as Ryback with this push? The guy is just so damn terrible, and it took him a long time to get over.

Ryback is cool, Ryan Reeves is horrible.
Not sure what interviews your watching. Ryback has consistently been called one of the most humble, down-to-earth guys in the whole company, and it shows in his interviews.

^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline   Reply With Quote