Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #15052 (permalink)
#BadNewsSanta
Ho!

#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zep81 View Post
What is people's ratings on the Taker/HHH Series? Just watching the WM27 match atm, still not sure what rating i want to give for this, only the second time i have seen it tbh, HHH did almost everything to keep and beat 'Taker down, still not sure, and im not that high on the finish if im honest.
WM27- ***1/2
WM28- ****

Neither match deserves the moniker of "classic" imo and Taker's weakest Wrestlemania matches out of the last 6 Wrestlemania's. WM27's first 10 minutes or so was good, but the rest of the match, while some good storytelling and amazing selling by Taker, doesn't keep my interest and is just plodding with the intermission between moves. Doesn't work for me. WM28 suffers from a similar problem, but the difference is the storytelling was much better and reached amazing levels, it wasn't just Taker selling but HHH did some great selling work as well. Had much more awesome spots and a sick finisher. Doesn't change the match gets a bit slow and kinda annoys me with HBK threatening to stop the match due to Taker being unable to continue, which should never happen in a Cell match to begin with, but yeah. I don't know that I'd put it with the classic cell matches of all time like Taker/HBK, Taker/Lesnar, Taker/Edge, and Batista/HHH, not to mention other better ones like Foley/HHH, Taker/Orton, Taker/Batista, and Taker/Mankind.

Don't get me wrong, both matches are great, I'd consider the cell match awesome, but the WM27 match wouldn't be in my top 10 or even top 20 of 2011, however the WM28 match does make it for 2012.