#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#2,281 ·
Don't know where else to put this, but I think it's probably fairly relevant here. I read on Bleacher Report where someone said that there needs to be a bigger reason for Punk to want to take on The Undertaker. I somewhat agree with this, as Punk would be a different kind of Streak match from the ones we've seen in the last 4 or possibly even more years. The last two were also against people already at the end of their careers, and it needs to be refreshing if Punk is to face him.

One idea I have thought of, is for Punk to argue that he can beat The Undertaker regardless of when or where, with Undertaker challenging this suggestion, and for one of them (kind of does not matter who) to challenge for a match on Raw sometime before Wrestlemania. Despite being a heel, my idea is for Punk to have a completely clean win, over a seemingly strong Deadman. Undertaker not only needs to look good to make it seem legitimate, he needs to look almost unbeatable, and for Punk to either a quick roll up pin for 3, or a GTS out of nowhere, stunning Taker, but kicking out, and for Punk to control the next 5 minutes of the match, resulting in another GTS for the win. Undertaker could get enraged, make his hilarious face he made over Shawn Michaels when he kicked out of a Tombstone, while Punk rushes out of the ring before he sits up.
It could be left at that, and then the next week, Undertaker could cut a promo, saying that Punk is good, but everyone knows Undertaker brings himself to a whole different level at WM, and that he can still win. Punk comes out, and reminds him that Best In The World, means Best In The World, reiterating that it doesn't matter where they fight, Punk is now BETTER than Undertaker. Punk, out on the stage, Undertaker in the ring. Taker looks over his shoulder to the WM sign hanging down, then looks back at Punk, and sets it up.

Of course it won't happen, but that's my fantasy way of it playing out.

#2,282 ·
I'm thinking it would just be Punk whining about how he deserves to headline WM then the gong hits, Taker stares him down, Punk accepts.
we then have:
Cena v Rock II headlining WM
Swagger v Del Rio headlining WM
and Taker v Punk headlining WM

3 main events...:statham

#2,283 ·
Well that was the stupidest way wwe could start Taker/Punk.

:punk3 "Basically im not doing anything for wrestlemania, so im just going to face undertaker for shits and giggles because i hate the wwe universe"

#2,285 ·
OMG I CAN'T BREATHE

Legendary professional wrestler The Undertaker has emerged from seclusion and vowed that he will return to the WWE ring — if the ring happens to be a short stroll from his Texas home.

The Undertaker made good on his threat last weekend by making a surprise appearance at a WWE house show in Waco, which was a 20-minute brisk stroll from his ranch.

“I have arisen from the dark side and will wreak terror on the WWE, provided I can be home before The Daily Show starts,” the Phenom said in a press release.

“If WWE happens to be host an event in central Texas, that’s literally my yard, and any superstar who dares trespass in my yard will feel my wrath at a reasonable hour.”

Undertaker said he will “strike down with furious vengeance” on any wrestler who dares enter his zip code, but only if the match will be over fast enough for The Undertaker to be in bed by 11:30 p.m. to “rest in peace.”

#2,287 ·
What I don't understand:

When CM Punk was the Champion, he could NEVER Main Event. He was the longest reigning Champion of the modern era yet he would get lumbered in the middle of Raw and rarely if at all main event PPV matches. Yet his FIRST PPV without the belt and he main events. He has been main eventing Raws and has just main evented Raw again by eyeing down The Undertaker. The Rock and Cena which will be main eventing Wrestlemania gets stuck in mid Raw limbo.

Why WWE, why!?

#2,298 ·
Rock and Cena aren't going to main event this show, that's why. I think putting this match on last, with respect for Punk, would add intrigue to whether the streak could fall. It would also quell a John Cena victory chorus of boos from the crowd. If you don't turn Cena, you can't just end the show with him on top, with the title in hand celebrating. Too obvious, done before. He doesn't really need it. But if Cena loses, what does that prove, either? Rock wins again, a repeat of last year? So what? There's no "win" situation there, which is why we're only getting Cena/Rock main event coupled with a Cena turn. Otherwise, the streak goes on last, and Punk's chances of taking it down shoot way, way up.

#2,289 ·
Let's joke around for a second.

Say, Punk BEATS Taker. I know, it's a stretch. Bare with me.

What would be left for Punk is the issue? He just ended the most prestigous streak in WWE history. Having "THE MAN WHO BEAT UNDERTAKER AT WRESTLEMANIA" would be worth more than any title.

I'm almost sure it won't happen. I'm just curious, what would be next?

#2,293 ·
Getting to main event WrestleMania for a change would be nice. Not that WWE knows what's good for them enough to let it happen. You know, what he SHOULD be doing this year and can't because his spot was stolen by a wannabe movie star.

Anyway, hooray for Punk. It's official, he gets to lose in a forgettable match in the Mania undercard.

#2,290 ·
As much as I'd love for Punk to do it, they will not have anyone overshadow John Cena winning the title off a part timer. It just isn't going to happen and they know that Punk ending the streak would do it.

Plus they miss out on money matches such as Cena/Taker and Brock/Taker if Punk ends the streak. Sure they'd still make money because it's Cena/Brock and The fucking Undertaker but the streak for me adds that little bit more prestige.

#2,294 ·
I honestly believe a smark crowd at Wrestlemania wouldn't know how to react. I think he may get cheered for ending it. But I think at the end of the match everyone would give both men a standing ovation as I have no doubt it will be a good match giving respect too both superstars.

#2,297 ·
CAN WE MAKE THIS THE OFFICIAL CM PUNK VS THE UNDERTAKER DISCUSSION PLZ :mark: :mark:

Hate the booking, wanna see the feud and the match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.