Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Wrestlers that went further in their career than you expected when you first saw them

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Cookie Monster
Crumbled

Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster
Default Re: Wrestlers that went further in their career than you expected when you first saw

Rocky Maivia - Although I assumed the WWE was high on him after the debut he got and the quick road to the Intercontinental Belt, but I would never have imagined him getting the WWE title within 2 years of being in the business, no way, not at his age. Although, when he joined the Nation, started talking on the microphone and entered the feud with Austin for the IC title, I thought he had it.

Stunning Steve Austin - Watching this guy in WCW was a joy, he was a real good worker but something wasn't quite there for me. I loved his work with Brian Pillman though, even then I didn't see it. He went to ECW and I heard about the promos but never actually saw them, he then come in as The Ringmaster and I didn't even realise it was the same guy, once again, superb worker, a master of the ring so to speak, but then he broke away from DiBiase and got the persona. He was a star before you knew it.

Hunter Hurst Helmsley - Come on now, let's be realistic. No one thought this guy would redefine what it meant to be a heel and become one of the most successful WWE wrestlers of all time. Jobbing to the Ultimate Warrior, being second fiddle to Shawn Michaels etc. you just couldn't see it happening but as time grew, he got more aggressive, got more heelish, I actually loved him as a face in the new DX but I loved him even more as that bastard heel we all wanted to fucking kill.

Jeff Hardy - I remember seeing Jeff Hardy when him and his brother would just get beat easily in there early days, then they got owned by Kane a few times on Raw too. Then they started getting more TV time, started putting on exciting matches, even when he was stealing the show in TLC matches and Ladder matches I never thought this high flying tag team champion could EVER amount to anything higher than that. Fair play to him.

The Miz - We all thought this guy would get cut after his first year. We then thought he would be the Marty Janetty of the two when him and Morrison were partnered together. We never thought he'd win Money in the Bank. We never thought he'd actually successfully cash in Money in the Bank and we certainly never thought he would headline a Wrestlemania with the biggest star in the era he is in. Madness.

Bradshaw - Blackjack Bradshaw a WWE Champion? Haha, don't make me laugh. Little did I know or think that he'd turn out to be one of the best heels the company had ever seen and have one epic run as World Champion. I loved his gimmick, I loved his mic work and currently I am loving his commentary.
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote