Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - This roster has the potential to be great and even equal the attitude era.

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
KeepinItReal
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000
Default Re: This roster has the potential to be great and even equal the attitude era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigsawKrueger View Post
The Attitude Era roster (1998 - 2001) really wasn't all that:

Great or Potential Great
Steve Austin
The Rock
The Undertaker
Mankind
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho
William Regal
Eddie Guerrero
Kane
Edge
Owen Hart
Christian
Chris Benoit
Jeff Hardy
I agree with your great/potential great list, except I would add Rikishi, Big Show, and BULLY RAY (he's pretty good, I think he was misjudged cuz of his look and his stutter gimmick; could've been the hated bully in WWE)

I think we can match those stars today with Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Orton, Del Rio, Ambrose, Cesaro, Ziggler, Barrett, Bryan, Kane, Big Show, Brodus Clay (not this gimmick), Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Rollins, Reigns, Johnny Curtis (well, dunno yet), Kofi Kingston, Miz, Ryback. And yeah, Kofi, Cody, Brodus, and Miz are right up there with Christian, Jeff Hardy as potentially great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrsLii View Post
But for what it's worth, if there was such a thing as a reboot, a lot of these guys could have been great. Anyone who has been around longer than a year has had their credibility too far shredded to ever come back from, though. Thanks :cena
Guys reboot all the time. Fans don't care, except sometimes wrestlers just need to have the new gimmick for a substantial period of time before being pushed with it. Undertaker from deadman-biker-deadman, Rock from a happy islander and Nation of Domination, Austin from a pretty boy blonde, Triple H was an arrogant frenchman.
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote