Wrestling Forum banner

Who would win a modern day Brawl For All?

5K views 59 replies 44 participants last post by  kazoo 
#1 ·
For those who don't know - Brawl For All was a "shoot" knockout-style fighting tournament in the late 90's/run up to the start of the Attitude Era. Essentially, it was mid-card/jobbers who had no spot on the show that all came together and thought up the idea to make a shoot-style real fighting tournament.. the final was Bradshaw (aka JBL) vs. Bart Gunn, in which Bart Gunn won.

But who do you think would be the winner of a modern day Brawl For All? Bearing in mind the fact that the tournament consisted of mid-card talent, lets rule out guys like Cena/Punk/Ryback and focus more on the mid-card and the jobbers in WWE.

So, if you had 1000 dollars to stake on a winner, who would you go with and why?

#41 ·
YES.

I always liked Swagger, but he is a natural babyface, which is why his heel run was so abysmal. But the bits with the American eagle were classic, and child friendly too.

If rumors are true, and he comes back as a face going for Cesaro I expect it will make both men stars.

#43 ·
Not counting Lesnar, he's way too easy of a choice and not a full time member anyway.

I'd say Ziggler, Swagger or ADR.

#48 ·
If I'm remembering the story correctly, Butterbean was willing to pull his punches and make Bart look good before eventually knocking him out but the office insisted he go in and knock him out as quickly as possible to embarrass the guy because Bart wouldn't take a dive to fix the outcome once Williams went down.

#49 ·
One mention of ADR?

He did some MMA.

#50 ·
His MMA record of 9 wins and 5 loses is not that great, unfortunately. And most wins were by submission, and even though he could have gone to the Olympics - even the Mexican government did not bother to raise the money for the team.

#51 ·
I don't know why, but I got a feeling that a certain Mister Marella would be surprisingly bad ass in legit fighting (he's one of them who actually has training ;) )

Many obvious ones were mentioned already, Regal/Finlay/Barrett/Bryan/Cesaro, who all have either a legit fighting background or at least regular (m)ma training. I'd enjoy a brawl for all with the current (and extended/far stretched) roster, but I hope it never happens... Why? I don't want any of them to get serious injuries for a stupid shoot-tournament, nice fantasy concept but I don't want it to happen again

#52 ·
Are we sticking with the ethos of the original Brawl for All? I.e. it was meant to be for people who weren't featuring regularly on the main roster?

If not I'd go with Alberto Del Rio- he looks legit tough and has amateur skills as well as MMA background. Barrett would be another good choice I think seeing as the original BFA turned into a bit of a slog-fest with guys like Dan Severn and Steve Blackman getting really frustrated at the scores. Obviously Lesnar would be a huge favourite too but, then again, the favourites faired really badly in the original.

If it was just for guys who aren't involved in main storylines I'd go with Swagger or possibly Santino- I hear he has some pretty solid shoot skills too.

#54 ·
Ummmm, The Big Show? Seriously they punched each other with boxing gloves. Lesnar, and the rest of the WWE roster would get owned by Big Show if he punched them in the face. This isn't MMA, or UFC. Brawl For All was basically boxing, but in a wrestling ring with wrestlers. Who the fuck could take a punch from the Big Show?

#56 ·
The only source for that is a story Barrett once told to his own website. Yet, everyone thinks it's true for some reason. Cause there's no other way to get a scar.

I like some of the Santino shout outs. He's a FANTASTIC judoka, but unfortunately I feel like those big boxing gloves would take that advantage away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.