Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - CM Punk's tweet about Lance Armstrong

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #120 (permalink)
SinJackal
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500
Default Re: CM Punk's tweet about Lance Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilus View Post
that would be you thats uninformed.. typical hero worship, you don't want to think that the people you idolize use steroids, you want to imagine they're better than us mere mortals. Not the case. I work in sports nutrition, i've lifted weights myself for 8+ years myself, I train with people who use steroids and people who don't, I know what someone looks like when they're on the juice and when they're not, there are natural limits the human body will not go beyond due to testosterone and testosterone alone.

You CANNOT build muscle past a certain point naturally and stay lean at the same time without raising your test levels. Simply doesn't happen, its a matter of biology. Someone who doesn't use steroids and gets to 250+ will look like a powerlifter, they'll have a lot of mass but also gain fat in the process and lose definition. Only on roids can a person just gain lean mass and no fat.

Rock gained a massive amount of size at age 40 and stayed lean, that does not happen by simply working out alone. You don't know anything about bodybuilding if you think its normal for a person to be bigger AND leaner at 40 than they were in their prime when he had peak natural testosterone levels. I can also safely assume you've never bulked up to any significant weight in your life if you think what its possible to go from ~220 to 260 like Rock did, at age 40, and get leaner in the process without roids.
No it isn't "typical hero worship". Prefacing your phony post with pseudo-intellectual comments about that bs doesn't make your terrible points any better either.

I don't give a shit if The Rock uses, or has used steroids at some point in his life. What I do give a shit about is your constant accusations of every wrestler who doesn't have an average build of using steroids. It's old, tired, and does nothing but perpetuate ignorant myths. THAT is my problem with your post, not that it was about The Rock.

So much of the rest of your post is full of both incorrect information and straight up irrelevant numbers.

First of all, 250 lbs is an meaningless number. 250 lbs for someone who's 5'9" is going to be a lot different than someone who's 6'5". It isn't some magical breakpoint for all human beings. Was that supposed to be a "scientific" point or something? Completely irrelevant number. Red flag #1 that you don't have a career in the field.

Secondly, no, you don't gain a bunch of fat just because you increase your strength. You gain fat when you eat a lot of calories to assit your workouts yet don't work them off. This usually happens when you don't spend much working on cardio and instead most focusing on building strength. Power lifters in strength competitions looks fatter because they don't really care about their image. Who cares about looking ripped when that does nothing but take energy away from building muscle? There's no weight limit for power lifting competitions either, so there's no reason to put in the extra work to trim down.

And oh yes, steroids don't magically make you lose weight either. Eating right and excersizing do. And that's not something you need roids to do. That's red flag that you're a liar #2. Pro tip: if you're going to be an internet phony and claim you work in sports nutrition, you should probably develop some common sense about the field.

Contrastingly, when you have an entertainment business like WWE, looking good is nearly as important as being strong. Therefore unlike in power lifting competitions, there's a big incentive to stay as trim as possible. Therefore more efforts will be made to look trim than if you lift just for strength. Even in sports such as boxing, you have to trim down to make weight, therefore you will also see very strong guys with barely any body fat. And that sport is very strictly tested for steroids and any other forms of PEDs.

You're comparing apples to oranges, and throwing out some bs credentials so you can pretend like your mindless bashing of every single wrestler who looks remotely above average "must be on steroids" has merit when it doesn't. You throw those accusations out every few weeks. Claiming you're a body builder and sports nutritionist doesn't mean shit if the information you give is completely wrong and full of myths and amatuer misconceptions.

The fact that you sat there and flat out said that anybody who has significant muscle mass but is also lean is definitely on roids proves your ignorance of human biology, sports nutrition, and body building.. It is not impossible. It's not even close to impossible. Red flag #3. Everything you said was either irrelevant, wrong, or a very lazy generalization (which was also wrong).
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote