Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is Punk's run as champ more impressive than Bruno's?

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #84 (permalink)
Riddle101
The Eater of Worlds

Riddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missedRiddle101 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Is Punk's run as champ more impressive than Bruno's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCDRI View Post
I know people talked about sell out shows and title lengths and stuff like that but...

I BARELY know who Bruno Sammartino is. Sammartino initially retired in 1981, 6 years before I was even born. Bruno Sammartino had his last "return from retirement" match when I was in the womb.

Nobody under 40 knows who the fuck Bruno Sammartino is. Period.

There is pre-Hogan and post-Hogan. Post-Hogan matters. Pre-Hogan is a trivia question.
That's ridiculous. All history should be accounted for, regardless of when you were born. After all it's people like Bruno who paved the way for guys like Hogan. What if in 10 years time or 20 years, people will be saying the same thing about Hogan. That everything post-Austin matters, and pre-Austin is just trivia, and nobody knows who the fuck is Hogan. We preserve history for this type of stuff.

Riddle101 is online now   Reply With Quote