Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is Punk's run as champ more impressive than Bruno's?

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #81 (permalink)
TheatricalEssence
Actor in the making

TheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new hereTheatricalEssence better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Is Punk's run as champ more impressive than Bruno's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_The View Post
I'm not going to touch on the entire question, just Punk's reign. I was so excited when he won the belt from Cena. The MITB wins were good, but I like the title exchanging from matches, that's my old school mentality. As much as it pains me, the title has a history of being given to the best draws, with Bret Hart probably being the example of phenomenal talent overshadowing mic work and character develop. Anyways, if Punk drops the belt to Rock or Cena, that's business. I can't have the WWE the way I want it, that's why I watch a lot of Indy wrestling. What would make me happy, and I saw it mentioned above, is Punk bringing credibility to the IC title. Imagine the wrestlers most of us like - Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes...that could be the pure wrestling title. Based on talent and match quality. The monsters or draws can have the WWE Championship. Thoughts?
It's very true that often the most talented performers don't draw the most or have the majority of the fans caring about them. The type of fans that are on this site are the minority. We appreciate talent. But most of the audience aren't going pay for a PPV with Tyson Kidd in the main event for example. However us 'smart marks' would be very much willing to pay for that.