Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 500 days of Punk?

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
NearFall
Little Poppa Pump

NearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missed
Default Re: 500 days of punk??

Punk's losing at the Royal Rumble. As Rock said "Time's Up". Punks heel run as Champion has been to serve as putting Rock over as Champion and leading Rock as champion into WrestleMania season by beating WWEs current top heel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Can somebody explain the obsession with these pointless numbers? You wanted him to beat Cena's 380 day long reign and he did,...

He's had his time in the title scene and it's time for him to do something else.
Totally agree on the second part, post Rock/Punk he should stay away from the title (regardless of how long the feud lasts, as some suggest Rock/Punk/Cena could happen at Mania).

As for the whole idea of numbers, it's just for the kayfabe promotion purposes. Giving long reigns is the best way to put someone over to the audience, which as a fan of Punk I like to see. Now though, with it over 400 days, it has been long enough. Much like Cenas 380 day reign, once Punk's reached near the 300 mark, I felt it was more than enough, even for a mark like myself.

Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.

Last edited by NearFall : 01-20-2013 at 05:34 PM.
NearFall is offline   Reply With Quote