3K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  MF25 
#1 · (Edited)
Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator:

Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV:

Martin Luther King, I Have a Dream:

John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address:

Phil Brooks in That Wrestling Thing:

#9 ·
I despise that Chaplain speech. Who is he to call us unloved or unnatural for expressing hatred?
People like him cause the problems in the world because they lack the guts to actually stand up to evil, instead they see the wicked as merely having a different opinion. Anything to get out of a fight, eh Charlie?

I'm unloved, I'm unnatural, nice to fucking know. Prick.

#15 ·
I think you're missing the point of that speech, he's speaking on the human condition, and how our vices throw us into moral corruption. He's right, and that's the very epitome of standing up to 'evil'. No need for this sanctimonious shit. I don't see how someone could despise that speech. To me that's unfathomable.

#5 ·
Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator:

No lie, I thought about making a thread like this and having that exact speech from The Great Dictator. You even posted the one with Hans Zimmer's 'Time' in the background, which I actually have on my ipod playlist...amazing. Once again I'll say it to you Anark, 'great minds think alike.

So yeah, I agree.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm assuming it's the famous one with the 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'. Still have it playing now and that bit hasn't happened yet. Not particularly exciting, I have to be honest.

I'll have a look for some more.

EDIT: It just happened, from about 13.55 on the video. Again, not as exciting as films I've seen made it out to be.

#32 ·
Adolf Hitler... now i do not condone Nazis or their behavior BUT you cannot deny that he lead a country from the depths of massive depression after world war one all though a microphone into becoming one of the most powerful juggernauts the world has ever known. he was crazy but when he spoke MILLIONS listened. I have a dream was also up there on the good side of things. but hitlers mic skills are always forgotten because he was a bad person.

#34 ·
:lmao at Hitler's mic skills. His monkey flip was useless though.

TYLER DURDEN FTW:

im sorry did the speech form fight club shake the very foundations of a nation and bring about radical change? Did it take simple farmers and peasants simply looking/starving for their daily bread and turn them into one of the most powerful armies of destruction the world has ever known? Im not saying Hitler was a good man, nor am I saying that I condone Nazi beliefs but you have to give the devil his due because he is on the level of MLK when it comes to giving speeches. fact

#47 ·
There are too many theories out there on what killed jfk to post them all on here it could have been
CIA under LBJs orders (a ton of evidence to support that)
Palistinans
Cuban Commies
The 'Magic bullet theory' which is the "official story" which as all of us rational people know is bullshit
William Greer the Limo Driver killed him theory
the Black Dog Man on the grassy knoll theory IMO is the one who killed JFK you can see the Black Dog Man in frame 413 of the Zapruder Film (he is hiding in the bushes) wearing what appears to be a military helmet... you find him you find who and what was behind the headshot to JFK without question

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.