Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #14944 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Rock/Austin WM 17 gets weaker with every viewing for me. Not a fan of the brawling and I find the bulk of the match to be plodding and with nothing really to grab me. Austin is incredible in it, resorting to moves he hadn't used in years, growing more and more unhinged with every kickout and nearfall and that chilling emotionless facial expression with blood trickling down his leg after the Stunner kickout.

Still, Austin's performance aside I just don't think it measures up as well as some of the best 01 produced. The WM 19 match is far better imo.

Austin/Angle is outstanding. Arguably Austin's finest performance in his career year, channeling the balance between paranoid champion wary of Angle to blood thirsty maniac trying to kill Angle when he realises the fight he's in for. That's the Kurt Angle we should have seen on a more regular basis, great heroic babyface performance and the finish is perfect. Patrick taking the time to begin the count, then stop mid count realising Austin is done is such a suitably great heel trait.

Last edited by WOOLCOCK : 01-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.