Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Eric Bischoff almost put the WWF out of the business

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #50 (permalink)
itssoeasy23
Working on my abs

itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Eric Bischoff almost put the WWF out of the business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Deathdrop View Post
Vince didn't just pull from WCW, but ECW as well. The "Attitude Era" was essentially ECW. Steve Austin was a mainstream Sandman.

So, your saying essentially that Stone Cold was a rip-off of Sandman? Am I right? So tell me the similarities between Sandman and Stone Cold Steve Austin? What, the beer drinking? Which Austin didn't start doing until well after he was the top face. Did Sandman have a feud with Paul Heyman? Was Sandman a big draw? I'll answer both of those for you: no. Sandman was a drunk who wore pajamas and carried around a Singapore cane. That was his character. Stone Cold was a trash-talking redneck from Texas who didn't give a shit about anybody and went against the bosses orders.

Austin was a redneck who went against the boss, that's what got him over. That and his feud with Bret Hart in '97. The beer drinking wasn't all that Austin was about, it was just a part of his gimmick and he didn't start doing it until after he was the top face. The beer drinking is the only similarity between Austin and Sandman and it wasn't used to get Austin over.

The Sandman (plus ECW) has NOTHING to do with the Monday Night Wars. Austin was a "bad-ass," just like the NWO. DX was essentially WWE's version of the NWO, with jeans and leather jackets. See a trend here? Oh, don't forget the numerous stables that were in WWE around that time. What other company has numerous stables? Let me answer that for you: WCW.

HE'S GO THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.

Last edited by itssoeasy23 : 01-20-2013 at 03:50 PM.
itssoeasy23 is offline   Reply With Quote