Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#14,922 ·
:lol :lol :lol THE SHOWSTER BROTHER.

Oh, Taker is Angle's greatest opponent IMO (he did get Kurt's greatest match out of him, one of the greatest WWF/WWE matches ever might I add) with a pair of TV classics as well. I love both of them and I'd probably throw four and a half at both, but I'm in the minority by saying I prefer the 2006 one.

As a matter of fact, I'd go out on a limb and say that Taker-Angle @ NWO is Taker's best match that doesn't involve Shawn Michaels. His worst ***** match (not an insult AT ALL).

& @ CAL ...... When did we start talking about Benoit/Austin ? :p

#14,924 ·
Oh shit, I hate when that happens.

between 2011 and 2012 I've legit spent over a grand in Wrestling DVDs. All of my friends think I'm a psycho.

#14,929 ·
Haha! I know how you guys feel as i just spent £143 on SilverVision a few hours ago! They are all SuperStar DVD's too! I need a nice unit to display them all now!

#14,930 ·
Wrestlemania III is 19 times better than the first two put together and I'm not even halfway through. Can't wait to rewatch one of the GOATS in Savage vs Steamboat.

That HAS to be universally heralded as fantastic..... RIGHT?

(waits for somebody to come in and give it three stars :( )

#14,931 ·
Savage/Steamboat... eh. Not a fan. Kinda dull, and far too rehearsed for my liking. Fucking Savage.

JK :p. ****1/4 for it. Prefer their No DQ match like a month earlier in Toronto *I think*. ****1/4 for that too, but I just like it more.

Not a fan of WM III overall. Aside from Steamboat/Savage its mostly turd like 1 and 2.

#14,933 ·
GOD DAMNIT :p

#14,935 · (Edited)
Years ago when I first watched Steamboat vs. Savage, after all the praise and hype it got, the match fell real flat for me. It's not that it didn't live up to my too high expectations, it simply wasn't that good, especially considering on what kind of a pedestal it's being held on. The last minutes of the match are where they really fart the whole joint up. Winded, exhausted and just zombishly going through what were obviously over-rehearsed motions.

#14,936 ·
FUCK.:(

#14,939 ·

Love this match from them, one of my favourites from 2011 personally. House Show so you get Regal being an incredibly entertaining heel, offering a handshake to Bourne and hushing the crowd to stop jeering him and trying to convince Bourne to ignore the crowd and listen to him. Some really good WOS chain wrestling to begin, a good injection of comedy in Regal's heel in peril segment setting up him being stiff as hell on Bourne when in control and a genuinly entertaining and fun finishing stretch.

Oh Bourne, why must you be such a knob backstage pissing off management?
I legit thought about that match during Regal vs Bourne, tbhayley. It's great. (Y)

Oh hey, totally got to Dolph vs Masters last night. All I'm left with is wow. Such a gritty, but more importantly, a smart match. The counters, the evading of submissions, the general strategy of human chess played by both was something else. Certainly has risen up as one of my favorite sub 10 minute matches out there. 9:51 - can you believe that?

Masters vs McIntyre isn't until July or August I believe so unless Football gets in my way today, I'll manage to get on that soon. :mark: (did you know they had a rematch in 2011 on Superstars that was pretty awesome too?)

#14,940 ·
For the one who asked how can I watch every PPV out there in a single day - I'm used to it :cool:

Angle/Taker '03 is one of GOAT TV matches, but there are plenty out there that I see as better, even SD matches. Austin/Benoit for example. That is a Top 10, maybe even Top 5 match of 2001, and that's a huge fucking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.