Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#8,249 ·
At first I thought Roman Reigns was just a guy with a great look but was some dumb jock who can only do a caveman schtick. After watching interviews with him and seeing how he can put together coherent sentences better than a lot of wrestlers im convinced ones he gets it hes gonna be a huge huge star. Honestly cant wait for to see him get a singles push.

#8,251 ·
A little confused now after seeing Smackdown. They save up HHH's big return after Mania, to talk about his match, gets one sentence in and is interrupted...they must really have big plans for the Shield if they're cutting off HHH. I was really excited by the idea of having Undertaker continuing on in the feud but they're obviously just used him on Raw to get over how the Shield pay respect to nobody.

I wonder if it's actually leading anywhere apart from taking the titles from Team Hell No.

#8,256 ·
They should have Team Hell No and Taker Vs The Shield with the tag titles on the line at Extreme Rules. Add a stipulation to fit the PPV(TLC, Ladder, Tables Match, etc), and then when the Shield is about to win the match have Triple H come out to make the save, BUT he turns on Team Hell No and Taker and ends up being the real mastermind behind the Shield. This leads to a worked shoot feud between Vince and Triple H where Triple H claims Vince is losing his touch and he brought the Shield in fix his mistakes, which is what they refer to as their "justice." Shield becomes major superstars immediately.

#8,258 ·
Who Will/Should Stop The Shield?

The Shield has been on a tear since they debuted. They've beaten everybody put in front of them including combinations of Cena, Ryback, Orton, Sheamus, Kane, Bryan, Jericho, Show and more. But they have to lose someday. In wrestling, the formula has often been to build up a heel to be dominant, and then have a face defeat the heel to benefit him/her. Whether face or heel, this formula is the way wrestling should be. Everything should be built up to a point where it makes someone else look good. Often we don't get that, but I digress.

My question is who do you think will be the guy(s) that eventually take him down and should be the guy(s) that eventually take them down? I mean they've beaten everyone, so who gets the rub of actually taking them down?

The typical response is that "they will fed to Super Cena." Would I be shocked at all if this happened? Absolutely not. He could, but sure as hell shouldn't.

Then you look at Ryback, aka the guy whose career was completely derailed by The Shield. Like literally, this guy has yet to win one big PPV match, and The Shield is the biggest reason why. I mean, from a storyline standpoint it makes sense he beat them since they cost him so much plus Ryback is a guy they want to push as a future top guy. But if this were the plan, it would have made since for WM. They cost him numerous times leading into Mania. He lost on the last PPV before Mania to The Shield. It would have made perfect since for Ryback to get his revenge on the biggest show of the year. But it didn't happen, and now he's moved onto a feud w/ Cena and a maybe/maybe not heel turn. So it seems that ship has sailed.

I mean, I can't really think of anyone who really should beat them currently. There is a hell of a lot of people who could and probably will beat them. But when I think about it, maybe the best person to stop The Shield or at least beat them is one of their own. I mentioned an idea once about having Ambrose and Regins kicking Rollins out of the group (and by kicking out I mean beat the hell out of him) for being forgiving and realizing the error of his ways. They beat him so bad he is gone for months while The Shield brings in a new member or two and continue to wreak havoc. Eventually Rollins returns and claims he will and eventually does take down the Shield. The whole storyline would revolve around Rollins trying to stop The Shield while making amends w/ all the stars he took out. I would also have Ambrose become power hungry and declare himself the leader of The Shield. It would kind of turn into a Hogan vs. Sting match up, just on a smaller scale. Now, it appears The Shield will challenge for the Tag Titles at ER and have a good chance to win. To me, this will just begin their reign of terror. So I would build up the animosity between Rollins and the other two for a long time before pulling the trigger.

The last idea is just my own fantasy of how I think The Shield should be brought down. Hey, at least they get beat by one of their own. There are a lot of options of who could beat The Shield but not many who should?

So, just to repeat the question, who do you think will and/or should beat The Shield?

#8,259 ·
Re: Who Will/Should Stop The Shield?

There is a rumor that The Shield might end Hell No's tag team title reign, so if The Shield win the tag titles, then they have to lose the titles to somebody eventually.

With the current tag division only Team Planet Funk are the faces with Team Hell No. Which is discouraging if they do win the tag titles.

#8,261 ·

I think them one of them splitting (either Reigns or Rollins) and turning face is actually a perfect fit.

#8,264 ·

They're already above most of the roster so its hard to see anyone stopping them, maybe Cena gets a win over them at some point but hopefully that'll just be a bump in the road and not a burial. The best option is have them stay near-invincible, win some titles, and then self-destruct while at the top. Evolution was on top when they imploded and it created a star in Batista, and almost catapulted Orton to the main-event as well but he was still a bit too green at that time. On the other hand, Nexus imploded after all its momentum had been killed and so nobody really cared. If done right the breakup of the Shield could elevate one or more of its members to the highest tier of the WWE, so lets hope they pull it off correctly!

#8,267 ·
Slightly off-topic, but sitting down and actually analyzing the whole SHIELD angle far, I don't think we can truly grasp how much faith WWE has put into them. They come in like a bat out of hell, immediately making an impact on a PPV main event involving the WWE title. They then bang heads with the Ryback, Kane and DBry only to emerge victorious. They had taken out every babyface on the roster. They then beat three of the biggest faces in the industry (Cena, Ryback and Sheamus) -- two of which are more protected than Fort Knox and the other the hottest rising star at the time. At WM they were victorious once again against well protected opponents (other than Orton). Now they're actually allowing them to interrupt and hunt down legends without repercussion to this point. I cannot wait to see how far they go with the SHIELD before its eventual implosion. It's an exciting time that I doubt we'll appreciate until looking back on it.

#8,268 ·

HHH in a handicap match :buried

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.