Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #102 (permalink)
JoseDRiveraTCR7
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

JoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselves
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
I like Bryan but the book was extremely biased. Above and beyond the point where you can still ignore it while reading the entire book. It was like Bryan fucking hated the company. Obviously the book is the "death of" but they could have used a clever way to go around the positives than completely ignore it or to try to find the smallest detail in a contract for example and make it a huge story. The lack of details for the HUGE success that Rodman and Malone were on PPV in 98 and then a 3-4 pages story on how much money WCW spent on Rodman in 99 when he never moved business and was difficult to work with was a good way to summarize the entire point of the book. Hope that the new edition would be much better.
When was the last time you read the book? I read it around 6-8 weeks ago and I remember them praising WCW for being innovative. If you feel the book was too negative, well, the book was about the "death" of WCW, aka how it went downhill. If you still feel the book was inadaquate, well, Bryan did say he wrote the book in 6 weeks.

As for your Rodman example, I don't know how successful he was on PPV, but I would imagine that if WCW was spending more money than the PPVs were bringing in then they would still be losing a profit no matter how successful the PPVs were. Like I said, I don't know too much about the business side of WCW, so I think it would be best if you email Alvarez about this. Like I said, he and Reynolds are going to be addressing criticism in the next edition, so maybe your criticism will end up in there.