Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#8,108 ·
Re: Would you like to see The Shield slowly win and hold every championship?

Amrbose - IC and Divas title

Reigns - Tag title and US title

Rollins - Tag titles and NXT title

I don't think it would be smart to put either of the World titles on them though, not yet.
But it would be smart to give one the Divas title.:cheer:cool2

#8,111 ·

Look, all these fantastic dreams about the Shield holding all the titles etc are a little premature.

Think about it, how long did it take Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler to get WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT runs? They havent even got to WWE title level yet.

I think its going to be at least 1 or 2 years until anyone from the Shield holds anything other than midcard or tag titles.

#8,116 ·

Look, all these fantastic dreams about the Shield holding all the titles etc are a little premature.

Think about it, how long did it take Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler to get WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT runs? They havent even got to WWE title level yet.

I think its going to be at least 1 or 2 years until anyone from the Shield holds anything other than midcard or tag titles.
However The Shield have been given a much bigger push. Beating the likes of Cena and Orton.

#8,112 ·

doesn't sound too bad but i'd rather it be
Ambrose,WWE Champ
Rollins,IC Champ
Reigns,US Champ
Free bird rules,Tag titles

#8,114 ·

As a group they should hold the tag titles in freebird rule.

Ambrose with the IC title
Rollins with the US title
Reigns with the WHC title.

Most people would say "aww but Ambrose is duh best!". Exactly, he doesn't need the WHC, someone like Reigns does.

#8,118 ·

No that would be very repetitive. I guess Ambrose the fan favourite will somehow get every title with the support he has
How in the name of fuck would it be repetitive? You are easily the most retarded person I have ever encountered on the internet.

However The Shield have been given a much bigger push. Beating the likes of Cena and Orton.
True, but not individually. When one of them on their own goes over a big name then yes maybe that is a sign of a bigger push.

#8,122 ·
Summerslam I predict another member to join, they need to do it a little bit like the Aces and Eights, the bully double cross etc worked well.
I thought it would be Randy at WM, still might be him at SS lol

#8,130 ·
Ambrose finisher

First off, cool Shield match on Main Event last night, and FYI to those who aren't up on NXT they wrestled a match on this week's episode, and Rollins will be in a singles match on next week's.

What I am really wondering about is what kind of finisher is Dean Ambrose going to use? What do you guys think would be good for him?

Reigns obviously has the spear. Rollins has finished matches with a diving knee strike and in the NXT match uses a Shiranui (Sliced Bread #2 without the rope run). As a unit they have the Triple Powerbomb (although FWIW wouldn't it be even cooler if Ambrose and Rollins went down with the victim driving him to the mat as he is thrown down?)

Nothing for Ambrose though yet...in fact the only move I think I've seen him do is a DDT! Let the man shine in the ring!

My suggestions: I liked him using Regal's Knee Trembler, although now that Rollins is doing the knee thing that's too much knee. Sheamus is using his FCW finisher Midnight Special (White Noise). Looking at his indie finishers, the One Hitter could work (it's like a suplex lift into a DDT, similar to Edge's implant one). Submission finisher maybe? Regal Stretch like in FCW, or even better, a crossface chicken wing?

#8,131 ·
First off, cool Shield match on Main Event last night, and FYI to those who aren't up on NXT they wrestled a match on this week's episode, and Rollins will be in a singles match on next week's.

What I am really wondering about is what kind of finisher is Dean Ambrose going to use? What do you guys think would be good for him?

Reigns obviously has the spear. Rollins has finished matches with a diving knee strike and in the NXT match uses a Shiranui (Sliced Bread #2 without the rope run). As a unit they have the Triple Powerbomb (although FWIW wouldn't it be even cooler if Ambrose and Rollins went down with the victim driving him to the mat as he is thrown down?)

Nothing for Ambrose though yet...in fact the only move I think I've seen him do is a DDT! Let the man shine in the ring!

My suggestions: I liked him using Regal's Knee Trembler, although now that Rollins is doing the knee thing that's too much knee. Sheamus is using his FCW finisher Midnight Special (White Noise). Looking at his indie finishers, the One Hitter could work (it's like a suplex lift into a DDT, similar to Edge's implant one). Submission finisher maybe? Regal Stretch like in FCW, or even better, a crossface chicken wing?
I've always thought Ambrose had a little 1994 Bob Backlund in him. Plus the Chickenwing hasn't been used since Syxx (X-Pac) used it in WCW dubbing it the Buzzkiller so it will appear somewhat fresh to a good chunk of the audience. Perfect submission finish for his character, if you ask me.

As for an impact finish, I would just start pushing his version of the DDT since he makes it look less like the transitional move it's become. The One-Hitter is most likey unusable in today's WWE.

Who knows? Maybe he has something new up his sleeve?

#8,139 ·
Why do I have to see Rollins take on Graves again? The first match was mediocre. Give Ambrose a chance, or hell, it's NXT and developmental, so give Reigns a chance to show his quality. Why are they making their best wrestler wrestle more and more when clearly the other two need the experience?

NXT promo was routine, Graves made the segment really. Lumberjack match too. That should make it interesting.

Rollins should stop using Skywalker. Jesus, Ultimo Dragon shed a tear in rage. He makes it obvious that his opponent is doing all the work for him. He should switch back to Blackout. Actually, all of his FCW finishers sucked, but Blackout actually looks like it would hurt in any case. Superkick would be fine with me too, but Ziggler might start using it again.

Reigns, you have muscles, use them! You can do suplexes and slams as well. Enough with the punches and the headbutts!

#8,146 ·
WWE is taking their time with them on the main shows for obvious reasons of building suspense. Something that wrestler's like the SHIELD benefit greatly from. Everybody wants to see them so bad, so when they wrestle, it is special. It is so early in their run, give it time. Give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.