Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Employers Looking At Facebook...My Story

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
Bullseye
Humbled

Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Employers Looking At Facebook...My Story

I know for a fact that as an employee of the Department of Education, we are bound by an official code of conduct to not refer to any member of staff, or particular students, using social media. There is a huge contention about having parents or relatives of children on there as a contact, because shit can really hit the fan. A friend of mine got investigated by the commission because he'd posted stuff about how he hated certain children in his grade that he was teaching on.

As far as my two cents go, there is a time and a place to vent about work. People will ignore the 1000 positives anytime they see a negative. My general guideline is to use FB to solely post about sports, current affairs, and pleasant experiences. I also need to be mindful of photos posted on my account, as these can be conceived 'poor nature' and a violation of being a respectable employee. If I have to sook or whinge about a student or colleague, I'll do it down the pub with close mates over a few cold ones.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote