Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Royal Rumble Match Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #98 (permalink)
RAWImpact
Learning to break kayfabe

RAWImpact is an after thoughtRAWImpact is an after thought
Default Re: Official Royal Rumble Match Discussion Thread

I know that there a lot of people that are upset with the possibility of Cena winning the Rumble, but I have no problem with it at all. Not because I'm a huge Cena fan, because I'm not, but because it would restore a bit of credibility to the Rumble. If Cena actually wins the Rumble and goes on to defeat The Rock and win the WWE Championship in the main event (the real main event) of WrestleMania, it will be the first time that has happened since 2005. And really, 2003, if you take it a step further and count the fact that Benoit and Batista won the World Heavyweight Championship in 2004 and 2005. That's eye-opening.

I say give Cena the Rumble victory. It's not as if there are many other entertaining options. It's way too early for Ryback, in my opinion. Sheamus already won last year. Lesnar would be a nice surprise, but it ain't going to happen. Ziggler doesn't need it, since he's going to become World Heavyweight Champion at some point between now and July. In truth, Cena really does seem like the best, and for them, the easiest, option for what WWE is trying to set up.

The only thing that would be more satisfying to me is Punk winning the Rumble after losing the title to Rock earlier in the night because I would like to see Punk get a Rumble win on his resume. I don't see that as a realistic possibility, though, because I strongly believe that Rock/Punk will main event Royal Rumble, so WWE can close out the show with Rock winning the title.
RAWImpact is offline   Reply With Quote