Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - One gripe with Del Rio's face turn

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tyrion Lannister
APES ON HORSES!

Tyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whore
Default Re: One gripe with Del Rio's face turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stall_19 View Post
You're acting like it's only for faces. I'll never forget Austin & Triple H becoming buddies after spending the year trying to kill each other after Austin turned heel.
It's not exclusive but all heels also don't automatically like each other, either. Granted, they mostly do, but it's not a given, as we've seen even recently with Big Show threatening to KO Ziggler if he tried cashing in on him. But when it comes to faces, WWE seems to operate under this dome of cluelessness where every babyface smiles and is happy and loves picnics and flowers, and everything is forgiven once a turn occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinItReal View Post
Look up Barrett's speech after the cameras stopped rolling for Raw in Manchester, England. Barrett ends up sorta kinda getting along with Cena briefly, cuz Barrett's giving this big thank you speech to the audience. Its all in the context of them still hating each other, but they put aside their issues in a heartbeat cuz Barrett had a five-minute face turn.
I know, I saw that when it came out, but I was talking about an actual turn on television, not on camera. I was joking anyway, although it seriously wouldn't surprise me.
Man, talk about giving a guy nothing to work with. Imagine you've been called up to tv and they basically say to you "You're well educated. (which apparently because of your skin color means that this is an incredible thing.) We can't believe that someone with your skin color has the level of education that you have, so your gimmick is just gonna be that we put you on tv and brag that you went to school. Cause that's basically the gimmick that they gave him, how much more racist could his gimmick have been? Am I missing something here? What was the reason that the people were supposed to get behind him, other than the company just saying "phht, well, he's...in school".
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote