Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Employers Looking At Facebook...My Story

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Evolution
What?
What?

Evolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on rep
Default Re: Employers Looking At Facebook...My Story

I've been called out on something I put on Twitter when I was in my first job after school. It was something about complaining about the unrealistic target the store had set for the day's trade. I didn't mention numbers, I didn't name names, I just said it was stupid and mentioned the company's name in the same tweet and they found it through that.

No hashtags, mentions, I didn't have anyone following me that I worked with either. They just found it and gave an official warning or whatever. It was fucking bullshit.

There has to be a limit to what is considered "having the right to say what you want" too. Like I'd probably fire someone that worked for me if they went home every night and wrote shit about me personally or the company as a whole on a frequent basis. It can get the point where it's just straight slander and it kills the company's image.

With that being said I think it's unfair to warn or fire someone for comments they make outside of work. If they are tweeting those things at work or saying shit on Facebook while at work I see it as whatever problem they have effecting what they are paid to do, which is when it becomes a problem from my perspective and should be dealt with by the employer.

My solution is to tell my co-workers I don't have any social networking sites so they don't bother looking for me. When I worked in retail I've seen kids get fired for taking selfies at work and posting them on instagram etc.

It's all down to a bit of common sense on both sides really.
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote