Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#6,240 ·
Re: #lolKings

Jarrett is a baller. Love the guy and the work he puts in and I always wanted him on the Lakers before we got Nash as I thought he was someone that we could realistically get while still being pretty good.

Hornets have a fucking awesome point guard development system I just realized: CP3, Vasquez, Collison, and even Jack had a career year there. How many assists did Collison average while CP3 was out in 2009? I believe it was over 9 APG and if so that would make three different guys that the Hornets have had as starting PGs in the last 8 years that have averaged more than 9 assists per game as a starter.

#6,252 ·
Re: Arrive. #TripDub. Leave. #DatBronSWAG

Rubio can score when he wants to, he just cares more about setting his teammates up.

But yeah he could improve his jumper, definitely. Still doesn't change the fact that he's one of the most entertaining players in the league and the Wolves should be in the playoffs if it wasn't for injuries. What a shame.

#6,253 ·

score when he wants to? He's shooting .346% this year. I wouldn't want him to ever try to score when he wants to. You could say that's due to the injury, but his mark of .357% isn't exactly much better. he really, really needs to improve on scoring and that's an understatement.

#6,255 · (Edited)

He takes less than 7 shots a game.

When he shoots 10 shots or more, he averages 15 PPG on 46% shooting.

That's not bad for a PG that doesn't look to score and isn't a good shooter.

This moron Jarrett Jack trying to start a fight. Oh how shocking.

#6,256 ·

I didn't know the amount of shots you took related to the percentage you shoot...maybe because it doesn't...whatsoever. Could it be that when he actually does shoot well he decides to take more shots as feels more comfortable? Yeah, that's more likely the case rather than him suddenly becoming a good scorer when he shoots more. :kobe

#6,259 ·

It kinda does. Rubio has had numerous games where shot like 1-3 or 1-4, 2-5, 4-9 stuff like that. That doesn't necessarily means he's as bad of a shooter as the percentage indicates.

You said he couldn't score. I just pointed out that he when he's looking for his shot instead of worrying about setting his teammates up, he produces.

#6,260 ·

once again we don't know if that's looking for his shot or just feeling hot. a player is more likely to shoot if he's shooting well, that's well known, so if of course if he's shoot rather well he's going to shoot more. I haven't seen much of him since last year though so maybe things have gotten better, there's still no doubt that he has to become far better. Nash has had endless amount of games where he has shot less than 10 shots and still scores at a ridiculous efficient pace. I realize that's Nash and Rubio can't really compare, but the point is still true about other pass first point guards like CP3 and DWill(Jazz era).

#6,261 ·

So while we're on the subject of Rubio, I'm just wondering, who would you guys say is the worst starting PG in the league? And i'm not talking guys like Courtney Lee or Nate Robinson who start because of injuries, I mean true starting PGs.

I'd say Felton or Chalmers.. But honestly, they aren't bad players by any stretch. Just shows how talented point guards are today.

#6,264 ·

Not trolling at all.

It's just Jameer isn't better than Jrue Holiday, Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Mike Conley, Jeff Teague, Mario Chalmers, Greivis Vasquez, Mo Williams, Isaiah Thomas, Raymond Felton, Steve Nash, Darren Collison, Deron Williams, Ty Lawson, George Hill, Jose Calderon, Kyle Lowry, Jeremy Lin, Tony Parker, Goran Dragic, Russell Westbrook, Ricky Rubio, Damian Lillard, Stephen Curry or John Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.