Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #14865 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Don't get me wrong. The show itself was awesome, it's just a trend with me. It was around 3 AM and on numerous occasions, I've fallen asleep during a match because I've been too tired to keep my eyes open. Now it's review time!

No Way Out 2006:

Cruiserweight 9-Way - ★★★
- A highly entertaining, fast paced match with lots of wrestlers doing their thing cruiserweight style. Serves its purpose as the match to warm up the crowd from the beginning and it gets enough time to make it work. Gregory Helms retains in a heelish way by stealing somebody else's pin. I also like how he's treated as the outsider that keeps overcoming the odds.

JBL vs Bobby Lashley - ★★
- Much better than I would've expected it to be. Bradshaw is good when he's in control and Lashley is also pretty good when he makes his comeback, then Finlay interferes and causes Lashley to suffer his first one-on-one pinfall loss since his debut.

Matt Hardy/Tatanka vs MNM - ★★
- Just a random tag match and not really much else. I liked it for what it was, but it's still the low-point of the show which is a good thing and tells you just how good this PPV is.

Chris Benoit vs Booker T - ★★★
- Now it's on to the main events, starting off with the US Championship match. With 18 minutes, they get a lot of time to work with and as usual, their chemistry shines. Benoit's performance is on point as usual and Booker keeps up despite having not wrestled (on TV anyways) for several months. The finish comes in unique fashion when Benoit gets Booker locked in the Sharpshooter but switches quickly to the Crossface for the submission victory. GREAT match!

Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio - ★★★★
- Eddie's death being exploited aside, this is awesome. Orton is just a wonderful heel and this is pretty much his match. Throughout the time it lasts, he shines with the cocky facial expressions, the painful methodical work on Rey and his cheating ways. This is pretty much textbook on how to be a heel in a match. Constant work on the arm with some tough spots such as the "swing" of Rey's arm into the ringpost (after Rey comes off the apron for a Senton that Orton catches) and whenever Rey tries to gain momentum, Orton slows him down with stuff like an eye rake. Orton ducks a 619 in the end and rolls Rey up using the ropes for the victory which gains him the Wrestlemania main event spot for the World Title match. It is pretty much rendered useless when Rey is put in the title match again the week after, though.

Kurt Angle vs Undertaker - ★★★★★
- This match officially joins my exclusive 5 star club. Great work from both men. Angle works on the ankle throughout and Taker sells it perfectly. Forgot how hot the crowd was also. Doesn't quite reach that other level until the finishing stretch, though. So many awesome counters and nearfalls. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. If you haven't seen this match already, do yourself a favor and give it a watch. Angle turns a Triangle Choke into a roll-up for the victory and this comes to an end after 30 amazing minutes!

Overall Rating: ★★★★ out of ★★★★★ (Don't know about others, but I loved this PPV and not a single match falls into the "bad" category. Crowd was alright and got better when the main events rolled through. And speaking of the main events, all three of them are GREAT matches.)