Wrestling Forum banner

Too many superstars, Not enough spots...

3K views 49 replies 37 participants last post by  Daniel Pereira 
#1 ·
Possible returning superstars this year:

Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Chris Jericho, Christian, Mark Henry, X-PAC, Billy Gunn, John Morrison, Vader, Batista.

Let's assume all of the superstars listed above were willing to return to the WWE Royal Rumble. You have 3 spots to fill in the royal rumble.

Which 3 Superstars would you choose to fill these vacancies, and why?

I also believe that they should of had a 40 man rumble this year... Just a side note.

#12 ·
There's room for a ton more guys in the WWE. They have 3 hours of Raw, 2 hours of Smackdown, 1 hour of NXT, 1 hour of Superstars, 1 hour or Main Event and 30 minutes of Saturday Morning Slam to fill. That 8 and 1/2 hours per week, not to mention house shows and PPV's.

Rather than seeing the same old guys over and over again, re-hashing the same old matches and dragging out the same old feuds, they could hire more established guys, filter them into the shows and help the younger guys learn and get over.

#3 ·
There will be plenty of spots. Last year they had all three commentators, three legends (Foley, Duggan and Road Dogg), Ricardo, Kharma, two no.1 contenders from earlier in the night and still had to use guys like Jey Uso to fill it out. I know the roster has more depth now, but there should be enough room for at least four of those guys.

#5 ·
Shelton Benjamin
John Morrison
Batista

Tired of Jericho. Not really fan of the other stars besides Christian.

#21 ·
My exact list as well. Batista is fairly obvious and I am a huge Morrison and Benjamin fan.

#7 ·
Batista wont be returning at the Rumble, he has already scheduled another MMA match

#8 ·
MVP promised he won't be in the Rumble this yr.

#11 ·
I want to see more big stars in this Rumble than we have ever seen. And so farit doesnt look to bad.

Already we have (and most of these are guesses)

John Cena
Sheamus
Big Show
Randy Orton
Ryback
The Miz
Rey Mysterio
The Shield: Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Wade Barrett
Antonio Cesaro

The rest of them will probably be jobbers altohugh I expect a few returns like Christian I also am not sure is any of the tag teams from that nights tag match will be joining that night (Cody Rhodes, Damian Sandow, Kane and Daniel Bryan) with them alone thats a total of 18 big(ish) stars leaving some 12 or less jobbers and mid card guys in it (people like Kofi Kingston, Khali, Tensai, R-Truth, Primo, Sin Cara, Epico, Santino, Titus O'Niel, Darren Young, 3MB (Drew, Heath and Jinder)that kinf makes up your team and if its those guys in it alone makes a pretty good rumble.

#14 ·
  • The Shield won't in it. They'll get involved, but they won't be participants.
  • Ezekiel Jackson, Sin Cara, Hunico, Evan Bourne, Santino Marella and Tyson Kidd are injured. It is unsure whether R-Truth will be back in time.
  • Kane, Daniel Bryan, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk won't be involved.
  • Two of the following will more than likely have a dark match, if they are fortunate enough to not be sitting at home: Alex Riley, Michael McGillicutty, Fandango, Ted DiBiase and Curt Hawkins
  • JTG and Yoshi Tatsu may make the 30 man, but will likely be in a dark match.
  • Mason Ryan, Camacho and Derrick Bateman are on the roster but haven't been used in many months.

This leaves:
  1. John Cena
  2. Randy Orton
  3. Sheamus
  4. Ryback
  5. Rey Mysterio
  6. Dolph Ziggler
  7. Wade Barrett
  8. The Miz
  9. Antonio Cesaro
  10. Kofi Kingston
  11. Heath Slater
  12. Drew McIntyre
  13. Big E Langston
  14. Brodus Clay
  15. Tensai
  16. Zack Ryder
  17. David Otunga
  18. Justin Gabriel
  19. Great Khali
  20. Darren Young
  21. Titus O Neal
  22. Primo
  23. Epico
  24. Jey Uso
  25. Jimmy Uso

5 spots left, but I wouldn't be shocked if only one Uso and Primo made the 30 man.

#27 ·
  • The Shield won't in it. They'll get involved, but they won't be participants.
  • Ezekiel Jackson, Sin Cara, Hunico, Evan Bourne, Santino Marella and Tyson Kidd are injured. It is unsure whether R-Truth will be back in time.
  • Kane, Daniel Bryan, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk won't be involved.
  • Two of the following will more than likely have a dark match, if they are fortunate enough to not be sitting at home: Alex Riley, Michael McGillicutty, Fandango, Ted DiBiase and Curt Hawkins
  • JTG and Yoshi Tatsu may make the 30 man, but will likely be in a dark match.
  • Mason Ryan, Camacho and Derrick Bateman are on the roster but haven't been used in many months.

This leaves:
  1. John Cena
  2. Randy Orton
  3. Sheamus
  4. Ryback
  5. Rey Mysterio
  6. Dolph Ziggler
  7. Wade Barrett
  8. The Miz
  9. Antonio Cesaro
  10. Kofi Kingston
  11. Heath Slater
  12. Drew McIntyre
  13. Big E Langston
  14. Brodus Clay
  15. Tensai
  16. Zack Ryder
  17. David Otunga
  18. Justin Gabriel
  19. Great Khali
  20. Darren Young
  21. Titus O Neal
  22. Primo
  23. Epico
  24. Jey Uso
  25. Jimmy Uso

5 spots left, but I wouldn't be shocked if only one Uso and Primo made the 30 man.
I would take out those guys I bolded. If it were up to me I would only include guys who are relevant right now only.

#15 ·
Christian, Mark Henry, Vader.

I really hope Henry comes back in the Rumble and seeing Vader is always a plus. Not even sure where Christian has been, but wanna see him back too.

I would have Jericho return at Mania instead of the Rumble this year.

I think MVP in under contract elsewhere but never was a big fan of his anyways.

DX will probably come back to face Shield at Mania, and even if not Road Dogg came back last year so they should free up the spots for someone other than DX.

If I could pick four, Shelton would be the next pick. He always had great matches and would love to see him permanently.

Could care less about JoMo to be honest. Same kinda goes for Batista, he was overrated anyways.

#17 ·
Y2J - In an ideal world, he would win the Rumble & go on to face Ziggler for the WHC at Mania, then win and have a final 6-month reign

Mark Henry - His last run was ruined a bit by his injuries, if he could come back 100%, I'd like to see him complete that push before retiring with glory

Batista/Vader - Just for the pop

But if there weren't so many fucking jobbers in the Rumble (3MB? Really? REALLY??), then there could be room for all the guys you mentioned.

OH VINCE fpalm fpalm fpalm

:vince2 = :troll

#19 ·
I don't really like 1-night returns at the Rumble, i don't see the point really and without any returns i think the Rumble match will be fine!

#22 ·
I really don't see the point of Shield being in, there's no leader of the Shield so who wins? they could just do a Kaientai and try to eliminate people without being in the actual match, it would get good heat.

If Rock loses the title match he won't be in the rumble, if Punk loses I expect to see him in the rumble and winning.

#23 ·
MVP, Benjamin, and Morrison are not going to be there.

#26 · (Edited)
This. Exactly.

You can also add Batista and Chris Jericho to the list. None of these five men are going to enter for different reasons.

I see about 20 to 22 active roster members entering the Rumble. That leaves 8 to 10 spots for returnees/legends/surprises/occasional wrestlers. In my opinion, those 8 to 10 spots are going to:

Christian (a lock)
Mark Henry (another lock)
One or two of Hunico/Evan Bourne/Jack Swagger/Fandango/R-Truth (but no more than two)
Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio (if they aren't announced ahead of time, both locks)
Billy Gunn
Road Dogg
Vader or Jamie Noble
Tommy Dreamer

#29 ·
3MB is in. That includes Drew, like him or not, unjustified IWC fan-wank or not.

I believe Mark Henry recently had another surgery. Don't remember how recent but I think it was a month or two back.

When you look at jobber filler, look at face jobbers. 3MB is all the heel jobber you need tbh, and WWE is going to be looking more at getting entrance pops than elimination pops because it fits with their short-term booking philosophy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.