Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

421K views 4K replies 418 participants last post by  WhereIsKevinKelly 
#1 ·

New season. New thread.
General discussion for the weekly NXT show.

See less See more
#1,340 ·
Dug the show this week as well. Good matches, great character development.

Best segment of the show for me was the Graves interview/confrontation with Wyatt.

Nattie vs Summer was a solid match, Nattie should stay down here full time (as ridiculous as that sounds), as she was given time and opportunity to actually wrestle. Ending was a bit clunky as Paige decided to finally get around to interfere when Nattie was looking for the sharpshooter - which didn't make a lick of sense. Hopefully Nattie is in the Womens Title tournament and maybe gets her win back against Summer there. I'd LOVE to see Nattie vs Paige down the line as well.

Don't know what they're going for with the Sami Zayn character yet - but I have a huge schoolboy crush on Renee Young.

Bray Wyatt has his character completely figured out - it's really fun to watch. Where can I order my "Eater of Worlds" t-shirt? I didn't dig the mask, but understand it's not permanent but rather protecting a broken nose from a house show match. He tied it into his promo really well though - a real pro.

Match was standard fare from Wyatt, I liked the him headbutting the punch spot though. Burch is a lot smaller than I figured he was though and will need to come up with a gimmick quickly. I think a London street punk/hooligan could work for him.

Bo seems to be going to an "over the top face" heel character (that does actually make sense), which could work, at least I'll give it an honest chance. If he starts claiming the Booing is Bo-ing (taking a page out of Mr. Burns/Smithers they're saying Boo-urns) he might even win me over.

Conor O'Brian squash is what it is. I'm glad they're putting him back in a tag team and Rick Victor was the right choice. Victor is very solid in the ring, so he can do most of the in ring work like Cameron did, allowing Conor to be the powerhouse.

Sandow carried Langston to possibly his best match I've seen. I understand Langston going over, but I didn't like the extra big ending and five count ending. In the very least I think Sandow should have kicked out of the five count - because it would just be something he'd do.

If they want to take the title off of Langston while protecting him at the same time, have a heel talk him into needing a five count to win. Actually it would be a good spot for Babyface Bo, make it sound all innocent and how Big E is so dominant and likes the five count why not sign the contract for the match where to beat Bo he needs to be pinned for five seconds (with Bo only needing three to pin Big E of course). This would allow Big E to have numerous four counts during the match (ie he would have won a regular match) and then when Bo finally gets the 1-2-3 on him he could celebrate his big win but fans would reject it as cheap.

#1,341 ·
Great episode this week! Wyatt was as amazing as ever in his segment with Graves, and his inring promo. Bo Dallas pissed me off as usual and this time had the nerve to quote that buffoon John Cena's goody two-shoes catchphrase, but it ended well because it seems he's definitely turning heel and will, hopefully, join the Wyatt Family in the near future. I absolutely love Wyatt's nickname as the Eater of Worlds as well. I thought Generico did great and way better then I expected with his first nxt promo but it is kind of weird that he looks almost identical to Aidan English, so hopefully he does debut with the mask when he gets called up in the future!

#1,344 ·
A fine episode this week. Match quality not quite as high as last week's, but two great promo segments from Graves/Wyatt and Sami Zayn, who thankfully has turned out to be a great talker (given his El Generico character was a very specific kind of promo). Like others, I definitely read a coming heel turn for Bo Dallas from that promo, which would be the best option. He's already getting booed, there's no point in trying to keep pushing him as a face (something the top brass still hasn't realised 8 years after Cena started getting boos for being dull and repetitive) against the will of the crowd. Plus a heel character would do a great deal to help him be more interesting.

#1,347 ·
I reviewed this week's NXT here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/wwe-nxt-5152013-results-and-review.html

Overall thoughts: The show was good as a whole. Conor O'Brian had a decent squash which was a miracle and the women's match was fine. Of course, the big highlight was El Generico/Sami Zayn doing an interview and thereby making his first appearance on WWE TV.

Some shots from the show:

#1,354 · (Edited)
If you are going to watch this weeks episode then he explains it in his promo.

Pretty much, Jericho shook him up and he 'wants to go back to his roots' and show people the new 'Face of Fear'.

Why am I not surprised that Bo is quoting John fucking Cena.. Neville's face while he was doing so amused me a bit.

#1,355 ·
Bo's segment was hilarious :lol

What a great direction for his character to take. I've said for ages that Cena should be doing the same thing on the main roster - an annoying, OTT goody-two-shoes who doesn't realize that the people hate him. Neville needs to work on his acting a bit but yeah, that segment was great.

A new Wyatt vignette too :mark: :mark: I legit got chills, hopefully we see that during Raw on Monday night.

#1,361 ·
A new Wyatt vignette too :mark: :mark: I legit got chills, hopefully we see that during Raw on Monday night.
When was this?

NXT >>>>>>>>>>>> all other WWE programming

I can see cocky Bo giving me some good laughs if he continues this role. Some good developments this week with the first appeaance of Rick Victor, Sami Zayn and potential THUG Danny Burch. Wyatt ruled the roost this week as always.

#1,357 ·
^oh that was Rick Victor? I'm already into it.

Bo Dallas going heel. Love it. Compensates for the Ohno face turn.

Main event was bleh, but overall another show that left me with :mark: NXT is so good. It's not fair to any other wrestling program on TV today. Not just WWE.

NEXT WEEK WILL BE THE BEST THING EVER. :generico

splooge.

#1,359 ·
I like the direction they're going in for Bo and that was definitely teasing a heel turn. His overreaction towards Neville mentioning Grey, mentioning his Rumble appearance and patronizing him spells it out pretty clearly. I like how seemingly oblivious he is in regards to his obnoxiousness and arrogance. Could lead to a good run and change for Bo, a guy I've said all along has potential, just needs more time and experience.

That said, I don't want him to join the Wyatt Family. I'd much rather Grey, Graves and Ohno feud with them while Bo pretty much abandons the babyfaces to Wyatt Family's reign of terror. Bo can feud with Neville and Zayn.

And then we've got the Ascension to consider. They were being built as the dominant force on NXT and now that Victor is back I do wonder if that'll continue. He looked good out there. He's very competent in the ring, and while O'Brian showed signs of life this edition of NXT, having Victor around will be a big boost.

#1,364 ·
They really do seem to be taking him out the door now, it's not like the O'Brian feud this time around, he's definitely dropping it. Dallas and Neville and the Wyatt story all seem to be taking precedence and I really can't imagine Langston retaining over the Battle Royal winner.

NXT has a lot of possibilities now in how they handle their main title scene. Will be good to have a champion who's around every week once again.

#1,365 ·
Langston has honestly been on the outside looking in ever since he's become champion. It's what has almost made him being "champ" tolerable. He shows up once in a blue moon to defend and then the more important characters/programs continue to be the focal point of the show.

I think he's got to be done too. Who will dethrone him is the million dollar question. Would think Wyatt, but he's almost zooming to the main roster right now. Or it feels that way. Perhaps personal opinion on his character is leading me to think he's primed and ready for the call up. I'd almost hate to lose him on NXT b/c he's tremendous.

#1,366 ·
Langston's run fits the traditional champion image that prevailed for quite a while pre-Raw, but I can't say I enjoyed it too much. At least will Rollins we got something from him every week. While I enjoy the idea of scheduled defences and not having the champion compete all the time, Langston was almost a non-issue with the title. Everyone else was miles ahead in what they were doing and Langston's basic programs against O'Brian and Camacho seemed irrelevant. Though, they've bigged up his run recently, getting Sandow involved.

I'm guessing it'll be Neville. Dallas somehow cheats to win the Battle Royal, but fails in his challenge, while Neville upsets Big E in his shot and wins the title. Dallas promptly beats him in short order, creating a kind of Storm-Roode type of feud.

I'd love for it to be Wyatt, but I think you're correct in saying he's due a call up. His wrestling has just managed to match up to his tremendous character and his rather unique style lets him stand out rather easily. I'd be shocked if he didn't get a call up by Summer's end.

#1,368 ·
Who's the road agent for these Divas matches on NXT? Because they're really good, better than most of the male matches on the main roster. Paige/Summer from a couple of weeks ago and Nattie/Summer this week were both very good TV matches. I mean Nattie's as good as most of the males on the roster (seriously) but Summer looked really good and the match was laid out really well.

Zayn promo was very good. HYPED for next week. Langston/Sandow was good but christ Sandow can't work a control segment. If it's gonna be filled with mat holds then it needs to be more than just sitting in a hold for a minute, teased comeback and then another resthold. Langston is very good as a babyface though.

#1,370 ·
Who's the road agent for these Divas matches on NXT? Because they're really good, better than most of the male matches on the main roster. Paige/Summer from a couple of weeks ago and Nattie/Summer this week were both very good TV matches. I mean Nattie's as good as most of the males on the roster (seriously) but Summer looked really good and the match was laid out really well.
Sara Del Rey? (Probably not, but it would make quite a bit of sense.)

I can't wait for a Zayn / Neville match at some point down the line as it could be incredible! Then again, I can't wait for the next episode of NXT and the possible continuation of the Ascension. :mark:

#1,369 ·
Zayn vs. Hawkins and Bray vs Graves will make next week awesome. I literally don't think I can say one bad thing about NXT, they're even making the most out of Bo bastard Dallas. I personally love Big E as a face on NXT, very big fan of him tbh. I dislike O'Brian but whatever, as long as he isn't taking up too much time. I can live with him being in squash matches.

#1,371 ·
Lols. People jumping on the heel Bo Bandwagon already after getting slated heavily on here for weeks.

#1,376 ·
They're not "jumping on the bandwagon", they're applauding the use of Bo, who is so god damn awful that he can never work in that face push they gave him, so they're using that to make him into a heel. That's a good move, because I still hate the guy, but now I'm actually supposed to.

#1,372 ·
I think Wyatt (and Harper) would have been up months ago under the old brand split format. But now both shows are eaten up by the top programs.

My concern with Wyatt is that we've seen so much character development in NXT that we'll have to see it all over again on wwe programming for the larger audience - and if we don't, than the character will be missing history for the vast majority of the audience. In the very least Bray NEEDS 4-5 pre-debut vignettes.

#1,374 ·
Big.E/Sandow was a pretty good match, I'll give it a **1/2. Summer Rae/Natalya was a great divas match, both of them were great ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.