Wrestling Forum banner

Should TNA have allowed Jeff Hardy to keep the title despite being unable to show up?

• No, TNA made the wrong decision, he should have lost the title before the tour.

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes, TNA made the right decision here by keeping the belt on him and writing him off screen.

Votes: 12 16.4%

Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation

17K views 169 replies 63 participants last post by  kurtmangled 
#1 · (Edited)
Just read on TNA Wrestlings UK Facebook page that Jeff Hardy wont be attending the Road to Lockdown tour due to injury sustained on Impact Wrestling on Jan 18th.

He's been replaced on tour by Sting!

#97 ·
Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

They're going to have to put on a hell of a show to cover for this. AJ Styles return perhaps?

#98 ·

I can tell you right now TNA would have known there was a 100% chance of Hardy being knocked back, he fails the good character assessment on the most important ground. (unspent conviction - 18 month "cooling off" period since conviction hasn't passed) The UK only grant VISAs to people with an unspent conviction for a unique reason, (eg. life endangered) Hardy doesn't have one.

Fans that bought their tickets on the grounds of believing Hardy would be there should be entitled to some kind of refund, it's a massive cock up by TNA and bordering on fraudulent behaviour.

#100 ·

I can tell you right now TNA would have known there was a 100% chance of Hardy being knocked back, he fails the good character assessment on the most important ground. (unspent conviction - 18 month "cooling off" period since conviction hasn't passed) The UK only grant VISAs to people with an unspent conviction for a unique reason, (eg. life endangered) Hardy doesn't have one.

Fans that bought their tickets on the grounds of believing Hardy would be there should be entitled to some kind of refund, it's a massive cock up by TNA and bordering on fraudulent behaviour.
Don't know where you got your information from, but unless they changed it you are wrong. It is actually 7 years since he spent 10 days in jail.

Anyways he needed to apply for a rehabilitation certification. It can take up to a year to get approved.

He obviously didn't get approved.

#99 ·

The jeff hardy hater is mad because hardy isn't going to be on a show :lol

Anyways, ratings have improved a bit since hardy got the belt and I suppose his merch buys also improved based on the fucking annoying 13 years old screamers in the impact zone wearing nothing but enigma stuff. So it's either sacrifice hardy's drawing ability on the states and make another guy the champ to be on the UK or this.
I personally don't want to see hardy losing and then winning it back one month after because that doesn't help anyone. The best solution in this case is saying they are sorry for this and tape some videopackage with hardy for the UK fans.

#108 ·

its ridiculous, i can understand if it were house shows here in the states, but tna is considerably popular in the UK and to not have your champion on the tour? he shouldnt have won the title

#111 ·

Here's my question to everyone that's mad - Who the hell would be champ then? If A&8s are going for the gold, you need a face champ. If Daniels/Roode/Aries won it, you'd need a face challenger that isn't tied in to the A&8s angle. And since unfortunately the only good answer to both is James Storm and they've cut the legs out from under him, it's not worth it to change your plan because Hardy won't be on tv for 4 weeks.

#112 ·

Here's my question to everyone that's mad - Who the hell would be champ then? If A&8s are going for the gold, you need a face champ. If Daniels/Roode/Aries won it, you'd need a face challenger that isn't tied in to the A&8s angle. And since unfortunately the only good answer to both is James Storm and they've cut the legs out from under him, it's not worth it to change your plan because Hardy won't be on tv for 4 weeks.

Bully screams at your blasphemous post as AJ looks on with strong feelings of condescension.

Reactions: obby
#115 ·

Yes, because Christopher Daniels must lose the title one week after he wins it.

If he won it on the 1/24 Impact, then he could hold it till 3/14 at Lockdown and lose it to Bully in a Trip Threat match with A&8's leader or something, or lose it to AJ at BFG.

But Goldfinger, I'd expect him to be on the tour, he'll probably return the first 1st or 2nd taping.

#117 ·

Yes, because Christopher Daniels must lose the title one week after he wins it.

If he won it on the 1/24 Impact, then he could hold it till 3/14 at Lockdown and lose it to Bully in a Trip Threat match with A&8's leader or something, or lose it to AJ at BFG.
But then the title in the match wouldn't mean as much as it'd be "Bully vs. A&8s rep, and oh yeah Daniels is in it to and it's for the title". And as much as Daniels has been great, he's not a long-term champ when there's a clear lack of top faces on the roster that you can use given stips and you don't change long-term plans because of this.

Plus, who's to say Hardy is just going to be off tv the entire time. They can do updates on him to push his return and if he is going to face an A&8 rep for the title at Lockdown they can start the buildup there.

#119 · (Edited)

Facebook implies people have been tweeting Dixie direct about the situation.

I don't care about Jeff, Sting is infinitely better...

.....however I do care about the belt. There is a locker room of talent who deserve that belt, but instead it's given to the "Uncharismatic Stigma" , his sole destroying inner monologue and the "Creatures of Shite".

I'd also like to say that if you are going to issue an injury story to avoid attending the UK, at least imply a REAL injury....like broken arm sustained through an accident in the ring etc. Do NOT imply that a kayfabe injury of being beaten with a toy "Fisher Price" hammer has kept you out of the UK, it's just insulting.

Hell I'd prefer they would issue a statement saying that Jeff Hardy has a tummy bug and cannot attend, at least it sounds REAL!

#121 ·

Love how the fans have seen straight throught the injury angle BS.

Anyone defending this is a clown, not having your world title on tour :lmao

#123 · (Edited)

TNA is only to blame if theyve known about this for a while. I think they have.
Every day they knew Jeff couldnt go and they still advertised him is a bullshit move.

Do we honestly believe they just found ut AFTER the final show in the US? What a coincidence.

I think they couldnt 1-2 months ago write a good enough explanation to why he couldnt go. Since they dont want to say he has a criminal record and they cant say "In 2 months Jeff will be injuried so he cant go the UK. Sorry!".

The only thing we are certain is that theyve known about this for atleast 1 week. Thats when they officially made the No 1 Contenders match. And thats still 1 week of false advertising Jeff knowing full well he wouldnt show.

#127 ·

This would have been great news, if Hardy wouldn't be the freaking World Champion

#129 ·

Good job for TNA here. Alienating your only market capable of selling out over 5000 tickets is a level mental I didn't think they were capable of.

Have Daniels/Roode/Aries Fight to be crowned new champ, Hardy makes a recovery to challenge for the title in 3 way at the PPV or something of this ilk.
TNA dont have a PPV until March 10.

#130 ·

Who da fuck voted yes on the poll? :daniels

Anyhow, I can see (if the title is gonna be vacated) Hogan deliberating with four guys on Championship Thursday edition of Impact, where he chooses two guys to wrestle for the WHC (just like when he picked Joe and Anderson for the vacant TV Title). I'm thinking Daniels, Storm, Morgan and Joe/Angle would be in it. I'd have Morgan and Storm eliminated then and have Joe vs. Daniels for the TNA Title in front of the hot UK crowd to crown the new champion.

#135 · (Edited)

Who da fuck voted yes on the poll? :daniels

Anyhow, I can see (if the title is gonna be vacated) Hogan deliberating with four guys on Championship Thursday edition of Impact, where he chooses two guys to wrestle for the WHC (just like when he picked Joe and Anderson for the vacant TV Title). I'm thinking Daniels, Storm, Morgan and Joe/Angle would be in it. I'd have Morgan and Storm eliminated then and have Joe vs. Daniels for the TNA Title in front of the hot UK crowd to crown the new champion.
No. They won't do it. Joe and Daniels can raise hell in the UK, but not for the title. Joe is miles away from being set for a title shot. He's stuck in the Aces story and is gonna stay there.
The kayfabe injury seems to be working you guys to act as if Hardy broke his back or some shit. He's not gonna be at the actual show. Big whoop. Like its the first time the champ goes on off season due to a kayfabe or real injury. Having Hardy vacate the belt is the stupidest thing they could do.
So sad everyone is rushing for their darlings to win the title for no reason spontaneously.
More angry about Hardy not being there last year than this year.

#139 ·
What is wrong with you guys? Stop overreacting and rushing to have a new champ because the current champ is selling an injury.
He's not selling an injury though. He cant enter the UK because of his criminal record and TNA knowing this still decided to feature him in all promotional materials for 8months leading upto the tour only announcing he wont be there a week before the event.

#137 ·

It is so funny how people on here can predict how the fans are going to feel. Why don't some of you stop making it so obvious that you are complaining for the hell of it.

1. Does Hardy not being in the UK effect the product for you? Obviously not because 98 percent of the IWC can't stand the guy.

2. Why does anyone care hoe people will feel in the UK. As soon as they get to the arena and are involved in the show no one will care.

3. TNA shouldn't be booking to satisfy the UK tour. So anyone saying Hardy shouldn't have won the belt in October because he couldn't make it to a tour in February is a great example of why women shouldn't smoke crack when pregnant.

Calm down. it is 4 weeks of Impact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.